Pope to use the Sedia Gestatoria in Britain!
St. Louis: Maaahwahwahwah!!!   :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :P
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(09-15-2010, 07:02 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(09-15-2010, 06:57 PM)Walty Wrote:
(09-15-2010, 06:56 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(09-15-2010, 06:41 PM)Walty Wrote: Hah.  I was going to say...   This might not be the best place for the Holy Father to bust it out.

I wasnt fooled I knew that the Pope is too smart to bring out his proper mode of transportation in a trip where he is likely to get shot at.

I was just thinking about that today.  He really is going to need a lot of security.  I'm a little worried.

Me too. Something just doesn't feel right about this trip.

In a highly secularized country, whose remnants of Christianity separated themselves from the true Church 500 years ago, and which is now referred to worldwide as "Britannistan"?.......what could possibly go wrong?!?!?!??!
Good one dude..keep doing nice work
I have to apologize to everyone. When my friend first told me about this, he completely believed it. When I went and looked at it on the blog, I was so giddy at the very thought of it that I didn't even begin to realize the sheer impossibility of most of the post. I honestly didn't mean it as a cruel joke; I thought it was real. I'm sorry to have falsely raised your hopes.
I was hooked until you mentioned Rowan Atkinson.  :laughing:
(09-15-2010, 08:58 PM)St. Louis Wrote: I have to apologize to everyone. When my friend first told me about this, he completely believed it. When I went and looked at it on the blog, I was so giddy at the very thought of it that I didn't even begin to realize the sheer impossibility of most of the post. I honestly didn't mean it as a cruel joke; I thought it was real. I'm sorry to have falsely raised your hopes.
Ah, that's okay, it was pretty funny.
It had me going till I got to the bit about the British royal family returning stolen Church properties. Never, I thought. And if they became Catholic as a group, England would probably go up in flames on the spot.
This is for you, Satori.
[Image: _the_queen_pointing_at_her_brain.jpg]

Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(09-16-2010, 07:19 AM)Satori Wrote: It had me going till I got to the bit about the British royal family returning stolen Church properties. Never, I thought. And if they became Catholic as a group, England would probably go up in flames on the spot.

Don't forget England's tradition of ousting Catholic monarchs pronto just for being Catholic.  Glorious Revolution my hind parts... 
(09-16-2010, 06:13 AM)Tommy-the-Fish Wrote: I was hooked until you mentioned Rowan Atkinson.   :laughing:

lol you thought the anglican bishops would carry in the sedia?

If I ever had some kind of Bruce Almighty-esque thing happen this is what I'm doing.  To a T.  :laughing: