Benedictine Monk Embraces Capitalism
(09-16-2010, 07:52 PM)ecclesiastes Wrote:
(09-16-2010, 07:20 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Don't you think your distinctions are a titch. well, irrelevant? 

If you are going to accuse the man of something, at least do so fairly and look into what he actually said or did.

I didn't accuse him of anything, I wrote what he said, and you made these distinctions that don't matter. 

C'mon, co-author vs. co-interviewees? 

You must be pulling my leg.
(09-16-2010, 08:00 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: C'mon, co-author vs. co-interviewees? 

You must be pulling my leg.

I'm not. Co-authors implies they agree on most of the things they discuss in the book. Two people having a conversation is an entirely different thing--it means two people are just having a conversation, and might disagree fundamentally on certain topics. I think this book is a worthy project: the world of corporations could use a reminder of what matters in real life, and everyone can benefit from some good Benedictine monastic perspectives.
An imaginary distinction and completely irrelevant besides.

Nobody benefits from weirdo Benedictines who have publicity photos out of uniform and wasted their time doing academic work on Karl Rahner.

Based on what he said, however you spin it, I wouldn't recommend this joker to anyone.