ADHD, Meds and Adult behavior
I was diagnosed with it, and even though adderall did help a little for me to concentrate better in class, really it was just because I lacked motivation to sit in class in the first place because I hated school. Most likely because whenever I got home from school all I did was play videogames and watch TV, which contributes to it immensely.

Adderall, dexedrin, ridalin, are all amphetamines and will severely suppress your appetite and make you extremely irritable, you will feel like either ripping someone's head off or breaking down into tears for no apparent reason all the while having absolutely ZERO appetite the entire day, its very unhealthy, after all, it is an AMPHETAMINE, the same stuff in Meth!

Prayer is the best answer, not drugs. It wasn't until I started praying for the grace to do better in school that I got the motivation from God to concentrate on my school work and began doing well.
(10-09-2010, 03:29 AM)GodFirst Wrote: Everyone has ADD/ADHD. It's ridiculous. I was diagnosed with ADD. Listen it's all made up nonsense to sell drugs as far as I'm concerned. These synthetic chemicals are not find in nature as they are, and they just short-circuit the real physiological processes of the body. Get off the meds, people. I'd rather deal with my present anxiety then go on prozac. My suggestion: take cod liver oil with it's own natural vitamins A & D, stop eating white flour, white sugar and white milk that's pasteurized, eat grassfed meats, and read this website: www.westonaprice.org

Pray, hope and don't worry (something I have a very hard time with).

And flee the devils and evil spirits with holy water!

Yes.  Devils and evil spirits carrying holy water are particularly dangerous.  Flee indeed.  :sneaky:
:laughing:

If your doc tells you to take a med, prolly best to take it.  I've always been of the opinion that a guy or gal with "MD" behind their name know a little bit more about my health than some wack job on late night teevee hawking bee puke or stinky fish oil.  But I've always been a little odd.  :pazzo:

Some people might wish ADD meds decreased appetite.  Heh. 
(11-26-2010, 05:51 PM)DrBombay Wrote: If your doc tells you to take a med, prolly best to take it.  I've always been of the opinion that a guy or gal with "MD" behind their name know a little bit more about my health than some wack job on late night teevee hawking bee puke or stinky fish oil.  But I've always been a little odd.  :pazzo:

Mostly we should trust them, but I've seen a few instances where doctors were very badly mistaken--very wrong. So it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(11-26-2010, 05:51 PM)DrBombay Wrote: If your doc tells you to take a med, prolly best to take it.  I've always been of the opinion that a guy or gal with "MD" behind their name know a little bit more about my health than some wack job on late night teevee hawking bee puke or stinky fish oil.  But I've always been a little odd.  :pazzo:

:laughing:

My Nephew has ADHD....nothing helped, until the meds. My sis in law took him to naturopaths and nutritionists, explored every avenue, then FINALLY put him on medication. Its made a world of difference, hes a happy kid, and a straight A student. My little brother, on the other hand, my 19 yr old brother was diagnosed at a very young age, and nothing was ever done about it. Hes now a heroine and meth addict...
Sorry to hear your brother's still not doing well, CC. I hope he improves.  :pray2:
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton