Fr. Z poll
(09-26-2010, 04:00 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(09-26-2010, 03:58 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(09-25-2010, 02:32 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Oh, I apologize, it wasn't you after all, but one of the other adolescents on the forum.

I'm not an adolescent, by the way. 

n.
A young person who has undergone puberty but who has not reached full maturity; a teenager.

Save your font, CollegeCatholic.  Baker can't hear you up there on his high horse.

I'm holding a mirror right up to you Mr KoC.

If you have any personal grievances, just send it to e-mail or come and visit me.  Your comments are not fruitful.
(09-26-2010, 01:03 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: How can we not?

If Gigas states that the nature of God can be anything. While the Church says different that the nature of God has been revealed to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, how can I not call him a heretic? or at the very least some of his believes as heretical?

I said that we cannot comprehend the nature of God as it is.

It is heresy that the nature of God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. God is only one as for His nature (divinity, glory, majesty, uncreated, eternal, etc), but in one nature there is three Person, each having the exact same nature. .

I recommend you to read carefully, may be memorize the Athanasium Creed. 
http://www.creeds.net/ancient/Quicumque.html
(09-26-2010, 04:10 PM)glgas Wrote:
(09-26-2010, 01:03 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: How can we not?

If Gigas states that the nature of God can be anything. While the Church says different that the nature of God has been revealed to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, how can I not call him a heretic? or at the very least some of his believes as heretical?

I said that we cannot comprehend the nature of God as it is.

It is heresy that the nature of God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. God is only one as for His nature (divinity, glory, majesty, uncreated, eternal, etc), but in one nature there is three Person, each having the exact same nature. .

I recommend you to read carefully, may be memorize the Athanasium Creed. 
http://www.creeds.net/ancient/Quicumque.html

How about a little honesty?  You're taking that question out of its original context.  We Catholics define God as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.  That is not what Muslims believe.
(09-26-2010, 04:21 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: How about a little honesty?  You're taking that question out of its original context.  We Catholics define God as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.  That is not what Muslims believe.

You did not read carefully the Quicumque.

I do not know what you, trad Catholics define, but  for Christians (including Catholics, Esater Orthodoxm and protestant) the statement have to brought into synthesis:

- there is One God, and only one God not three Gods. (In this the Christian faith is common with the Muslims and the Jews)

- in the One God there is thre person the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

- the Second divine person, the Son assumed the human nature too, so He has divine and human natures, but only one person.

This is mystery. Christians confess that the cannot comprehend it, so the defined words are important. On God, three person having the same nature, and the second person assuming the human nature too.

The One God, as partial truth, is shared with the Muslims and the Jews.

Let me beg you, read the Athanasian Creed carefully, and reconcile it with your thinking.

(09-26-2010, 06:01 PM)glgas Wrote:
(09-26-2010, 04:21 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: How about a little honesty?  You're taking that question out of its original context.  We Catholics define God as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.  That is not what Muslims believe.

You did not read carefully the Quicumque.

I do not know what you, trad Catholics define, but  for Christians (including Catholics, Esater Orthodoxm and protestant) the statement have to brought into synthesis:

- there is One God, and only one God not three Gods. (In this the Christian faith is common with the Muslims and the Jews)

- in the One God there is thre person the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

- the Second divine person, the Son assumed the human nature too, so He has divine and human natures, but only one person.

This is mystery. Christians confess that the cannot comprehend it, so the defined words are important. On God, three person having the same nature, and the second person assuming the human nature too.

The One God, as partial truth, is shared with the Muslims and the Jews.

Let me beg you, read the Athanasian Creed carefully, and reconcile it with your thinking.

The Quimqumque is not a Universalist tract.
(09-26-2010, 09:31 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: The Quimqumque is not a Universalist tract.

That's for sure!

"Whoever wishes to be saved must before all things hold the Catholic faith, which, unless each keep whole and undefiled, he will without a doubt perish forever."
(09-27-2010, 12:20 AM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(09-26-2010, 09:31 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: The Quimqumque is not a Universalist tract.

That's for sure!

"Whoever wishes to be saved must before all things hold the Catholic faith, which, unless each keep whole and undefiled, he will without a doubt perish forever."

You must read it in the historical context: Arians must accept the teaching of the Magisterium whole and undefiled. On that time the Magisterium was the Trinitoligical and Christological Councils and the popes; for our time the Magisterium is Vatican II and the recent Popes. 

The Universalism is heresy. The hell exists, and the hell is populated. Populated by those who resist the will of God, including the obedience to the Magisterium. Simply ignorance due to the birth or circumstances is not necessary reason for damnation.
That is a completely different argument.

Obviously, you and Cardinal Kasper are one in the same.
This is slightly off-topic, but is glgas the one who owns the breviary site at http://divinumofficium.com?  If so, I would like to say thank you for maintaining such an incredible site!
(09-27-2010, 10:37 AM)ies0716 Wrote: This is slightly off-topic, but is glgas the one who owns the breviary site at http://divinumofficium.com?  If so, I would like to say thank you for maintaining such an incredible site!

I've seen complete moral reprobates and heretics maintain very nice Catholic sites.  Kudos to them.

Thomas Sparks comes to mind.