Fr. Z poll
Fr. Z is a joke.
(09-27-2010, 10:54 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Fr. Z is a joke.

A little envy perhaps that he can write in coherent sentences and isn't preoccupied by gore and goth romances?
To be coherent he'd actually have to be right....

So no...no envy.  If you think he is coherent we have discovered you problem.  There is a fix
(09-27-2010, 11:06 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: To be coherent he'd actually have to be right....

So no...no envy.   If you think he is coherent we have discovered you problem.  There is a fix

Whatever you say emokid...
(09-27-2010, 10:37 AM)ies0716 Wrote: This is slightly off-topic, but is glgas the one who owns the breviary site at http://divinumofficium.com?  If so, I would like to say thank you for maintaining such an incredible site!

yes, he is.  he's also one of the nicest people here. 
(09-27-2010, 08:42 PM)Revixit Wrote:
(09-27-2010, 10:37 AM)ies0716 Wrote: This is slightly off-topic, but is glgas the one who owns the breviary site at http://divinumofficium.com?  If so, I would like to say thank you for maintaining such an incredible site!

Rather one of the most passive aggressive, dishonest and annoying.

I'll remind you that he began this thread by making a snotty "beat your wife" remark about what the problem with Father Z could possibly be according to Trads  Assuming the worst and making sport of the concerns of Traditionalists is what he's been warned about before on the forum.

(09-27-2010, 10:07 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(09-27-2010, 08:42 PM)Revixit Wrote:

Rather one of the most passive aggressive, dishonest and annoying.

I'll remind you that he began this thread by making a snotty "beat your wife" remark about what the problem with Father Z could possibly be according to Trads  Assuming the worst and making sport of the concerns of Traditionalists is what he's been warned about before on the forum.

your first sentence is pure projection.

he didn't begin the thread at all.  petertherock began it with a rant about Fr. Z. not being Catholic.  at least he realized he had misunderstood what Fr.Z. posted and amended his post and apologized.  more charity is something we could use around here.

about the sixth post or so, laszlo asked "Is your problem that he keeps the Ember day, or that he keeps is according to the 1960 runrics?"  :laughing:  it was a joke, which you obviously didn't get.  it was none of what you claim it was. 

(09-27-2010, 10:54 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Fr. Z is a joke.

Why, precisely, is Fr. Z. a joke?  I read his blog every day and I find that he usually gets to the heart of most issues and has good advice for those of a traditional mindset to follow.  In my mind he is an excellent example of a loyal traditionalist.
The guy can't get it right about the SSPX to save his life....which is fine...but is makes him only partially OK and it makes his commentary on the crisis facing the Church off by a bit regularly.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm glad guys like him exist so they can get the Mass out there to the compromises...but really...there is not comparison between him and a full on trad priest.
And that is more than likely the last i will say on the topic before I get in trouble with Lisa!!! ;D