I Don't See Christ, I See Bread: Ecumenical Service in Bern
(09-27-2010, 07:18 PM)Thomas58 Wrote:
(09-27-2010, 04:04 PM)Robert De Brus Wrote:
(09-26-2010, 06:36 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Even the Pope as Cardinal Ratzinger gave communion to that Taize proti guy.

Im willing to believe that may have been an accident; ie Cardinal Ratzinger didnt know who the man in the wheel chair was. 

You can't be serious?

Perhaps he was overenthused, misbelieving that Brother Roger had decided to become Catholic?

In longing for the serene inaccessibility  of the Papacy of old where people, even non-Catholics were more or less well-informed about what the Church teaches, perhaps we're expecting too much?

It is something for which there was no explanation, however, and it seems to have deserved one.  I've seen Anglicans and others go to Holy Communion and even seen priests say, thinking I was out of earshot that it doesn't matter.

A real tragedy and a sign of the times that so many who've been entrusted to guard the thesaurus of the Catholic Faith leave those of us who've learned to expect more in a state of almost perpetual scandal. Kyrie Eleison!

And +Schoenborn's Rock "music" didn't Rock.

Messages In This Thread
Re: I Don't See Christ, I See Bread: Ecumenical Service in Bern - by Augstine Baker - 09-27-2010, 07:29 PM