Fr Corapi gets it
James made me remember this and it is now rolling around in my head. Way back in the day with the Cuban Missile Crisis, JFK was told the entirety of the Secret. He was told because it had a bearing on that crisis. If he knew it RFK knew it and probably certain other Democrats. It is also plausible Teddy knew it and maybe that extends to Pelosi. It is curious that he was afforded at his death, the opportunity to receive  the Last Rites. God does not make mistakes. His brother JFK was afforded the same opportunity. Teddy sent a letter to the Pope. What for ? It is also rumored that the reason the secret was not revealed is because of the Metz agreement with the Vatican. Is their a link from politics to the pederast priests. Could Fr. Malachi Martin be right that the Vatican is partially supported and allowed to deficit spend by the Banksters ?
tim
"They built a large, singular, extravagant church which was to embrace all creeds with equal rights: Evangelicals, Catholics, and all denominations, a true communion of the unholy with one shepherd and one flock. There was to be a Pope, a salaried Pope, without possessions. All was made ready, many things finished; but, in place of an altar, were only abomination and desolation. Such was the new church to be, and it was for it that he had set fire to the old one; but God designed otherwise. He died with confession and satisfaction-and he lived again!"

2) "I saw the Church of St. Peter and an enormous number of people working to demolish it. At the same time I saw others repairing the Church. The demolishers took away large pieces; they were, above all, sectarians and apostates, in the majority. In their destructive work these people seemed to follow certain orders and a certain rule. I saw with horror, that among them were Catholic priests. I saw the Pope praying, surrounded by false friends who frequently, did the contrary of what he had ordered.

1) "I always see these 'Illuminati' in a certain connection with the
coming of Antichrist; for, by their secrets, by their injustice, they
forward the accomplishment of that mystery of iniquity."(Vol 1 p 405)

2) "I saw the Pope praying. surrounded by false friends who often
did the very opposite to what he had ordered, and I saw a little
black fellow (a laic) laboring actively against the Church. Whilst
it was thus being pulled down on one side, it was rebuilt on the
other, but not very zealously." (Vol 1 p. 565)

Blessed Anna Catharine Emmerich
(10-01-2010, 11:29 PM)Walty Wrote:
(10-01-2010, 11:22 PM)The Catholic Thinker Wrote: If much of Windswept House is to be believed then the pontiff simply does not control large areas of the Vatican, and the Church.  'They' would do something outrageous or terrible if he were to go so far as excommunicate the heretics - a lot of them anyway.

Imagine this.  If Windswept House is true and John Paul II was seen as an arch-enemy of the modernists and secularists trying to reform and transform the Church to serve the City of Man, how much more would Benedict be seen as an enemy?  If they hated JPII can you imagine the hatred they have and the plans they make to neutralize Benedict?

I also think that part of the reasons the excommunications don't come is because the Holy Father is making quiet and subtle moves to combat the infiltration, to reverse it with a slow and deliberate process, not unlike the way that it came about.  Imagine the upheaval, confusion, and distress that would be caused by purging out all modernism from the Church in one large movement.  Perhaps the Holy Father believes that if he puts the correct pieces into place that the current modernists will soon die off and be replaced with cardinals, bishops, vicars, theologians, priests etc. that are friendly to tradition and will right the Church swiftly once the opposition has been weeded out by death and the promotion of good prelates worldwide.

This sounds plausible. I hope you are right, Walty. :)
Pater John is wise he was one in great sin years ago and has ran the gamet of experiance, and he gets it but he is still tainted by the spirit of v2 as is Father Bennedict from sunday night, Still I belive when their time is at an end, they will be among the cannonized for their words and for their holieness as good Catholic teachers.
(10-02-2010, 10:52 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: Wait, what? When was altar-smashing done in the past*, and under what circumstances? I've never heard of that before (I have much to learn when it comes to the areas of Church history that don't involve councils, :P ).

* Besides the period after Vatican II, of course.

One post-Trent "smashing" that comes to mind is of the rood screens in Catholic churches. The Tridentine fathers arguably caved in to the Protestant argument that the screens obscured the laity's view of the altar, and subsequently almost all rood screens in Catholic-dom vanished. There are ironically probably more that were preserved by the Church of England.

As for altars themselves, well..... there are some churches dating to the medieval era which have Baroque-ish altars. I believe Notre Dame de Paris is one example. One might wonder: what happened to the original altar? I can't say for sure, though. It's just speculation. This isn't comparable to the scale of post-Vatican II wreckovations, though.
(10-03-2010, 12:52 PM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote: "They built a large, singular, extravagant church which was to embrace all creeds with equal rights: Evangelicals, Catholics, and all denominations, a true communion of the unholy with one shepherd and one flock. There was to be a Pope, a salaried Pope, without possessions. All was made ready, many things finished; but, in place of an altar, were only abomination and desolation. Such was the new church to be, and it was for it that he had set fire to the old one; but God designed otherwise. He died with confession and satisfaction-and he lived again!"

2) "I saw the Church of St. Peter and an enormous number of people working to demolish it. At the same time I saw others repairing the Church. The demolishers took away large pieces; they were, above all, sectarians and apostates, in the majority. In their destructive work these people seemed to follow certain orders and a certain rule. I saw with horror, that among them were Catholic priests. I saw the Pope praying, surrounded by false friends who frequently, did the contrary of what he had ordered.

1) "I always see these 'Illuminati' in a certain connection with the
coming of Antichrist; for, by their secrets, by their injustice, they
forward the accomplishment of that mystery of iniquity."(Vol 1 p 405)

2) "I saw the Pope praying. surrounded by false friends who often
did the very opposite to what he had ordered, and I saw a little
black fellow (a laic) laboring actively against the Church. Whilst
it was thus being pulled down on one side, it was rebuilt on the
other, but not very zealously." (Vol 1 p. 565)

Blessed Anna Catharine Emmerich

I've never looked into Emmerich enough to do anything more than speculate and, I have to admit, I usually don't put too much stock into private revelations, but it's pretty astonishing how often these devout and pious people forewarned the exact same event coming about in the same way with the same effect.
I dont know about paris, but I can tell you that in rome many chaples in the churches there have the origional altars or a baroque fixture that took its place, and they still offer mass on them especialy in the major churches there, like St peters, and St pauls out side the walls, and they face the altar when the sacrifice is done, even though its in italian, I have proof from my vacation and pilgrimage to rome back in 08.

The chaples also sometimes have altars that are in front of the old one to celebrate mass but often its just the old one and usually has a very famous saint under them like Robert Belermy, or St Jerome Emanelli, or a cardnal.