Polish Bishops Will Not Consecrate Poland to Christ the King
(09-30-2010, 02:50 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: My first reaction was like everyone else's--that it was a great idea and I didn't understand the opposition. Doing a little more research on this it looks like it is not meant to be a consecration by the bishops, but is being proposed in the parliament as installing Jesus Christ as the King of Poland.

Christ is the King of kings--he's the first King in that phrase, the king of Poland is one of the second. To me, it seems like declaring the Pope bishop of my local diocese. Yes, my diocese and it's actual bishop should be subject to the Pope in all things, but that doesn't make the Pope the local bishop. In this case Christ is truly King over all creation (including Poland) and all temporal rulers including those who rule Poland are subject to Him, but it seems wrong to give Him the title of "King of Poland." God's plan is for us to have temporal rulers who receive authority from Him, not for Him to be that temporal ruler. This seems to perhaps be the reasoning of the bishops who suggested Christ "King of the Universe" instead.

On the other hand, I don't see the same problem with actually consecrating Poland to Jesus Christ, the King of kings.

Does that make sense?

What's the problem with an official enthronement/consecration of Poland?    Poland's already done this for Our Lady.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Polish Bishops Will Not Consecrate Poland to Christ the King - by Augstine Baker - 09-30-2010, 05:15 PM