Bp W Column: Vocations-Wherefrom?
(10-04-2010, 08:13 PM)timoose Wrote: Never fear Augie, I'm so familiar with beer I'd never let rancid beer pass my lips. I do have a question though is your pretend name Augstine Baker derived from the Saint and Josephine Baker ? I've been curious from the beginning.
Zum lieben Augstine,
tim

There's no Saint Augstine Baker.
(10-04-2010, 08:15 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(10-04-2010, 08:13 PM)timoose Wrote: Never fear Augie, I'm so familiar with beer I'd never let rancid beer pass my lips. I do have a question though is your pretend name Augstine Baker derived from the Saint and Josephine Baker ? I've been curious from the beginning.
Zum lieben Augstine,
tim

There's no Saint Augstine Baker.

What the heck is an Augstine?

That communications degree must not have taught you to proofread, eh?
Baker, you're the rudest dipstick on the internet bar none.
(10-04-2010, 07:24 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(10-04-2010, 04:06 PM)timoose Wrote: Augie, baby prove it !
tim

I'm not your augie baby, you bloated carcass.

You don't have any idea what the liberal arts are and probably wouldn't know it if it were even an abandoned and slightly rancid keg of beer on your door step.

Oh, the irony.  He asked you to prove (maybe it should be "argue in defense of"?) a statement you made.  Generally that's considered within bounds in a discussion, isn't it?  Or has dialectic / logic been dropped from the Seven in favor of name-calling and brow-beating?

BTW, knock it off.  Thanks.

Quis and Austine,
I apologize for sparring with you and causing Quis to get involved. Sorry for pushing your buttons.
tim
(10-03-2010, 11:25 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: ELEISON  COMMENTS  CLXVIII  (2 Oct. 2010) : VOCATIONS  --  WHEREFROM ?.

Yet if vocations do not come from the SSPX's own schools, where will they come from ?  How are things spiritual to be protected in a whole world giving itself over to things material ?  How are boys' souls to be oriented towards the priesthood ?  I have observed that what is decisive in many cases is their father taking his religion seriously. Read in the Old Testament the book of Tobias (neither long nor difficult to understand) to see how God rewards fathers through their sons.                       

Bringing the topic back to the fore, I think we've been distracted by the comments of Bishop W's friend.  His personal experience has colored his perspective and made his advice what it is.  But I think the Bishop is ultimately pointing to the model of fathers in answer to the question presented as the title of thecolumn. 

Point taken, but the old model which worked was to concentrate those efforts in grammar school. High School is where things start to split off. Boys start to become men and things start to change.  Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Descriptive Geometry, General Science,Biology, Chemistry, and Physics need to be taught to young men which lessens the time available for literature.
My opinion.
tim
(10-04-2010, 08:23 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Baker, ...

LOL