Is Christian Unity possible?
(11-20-2010, 05:19 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: I support the SSPX, and I have never even attended any of their chapel's! :)

Same here. :D I was just imitating glgas.
[quote='AntoniusMaximus' pid='623020' dateline='1286246144']
By this, I mean is it possible for the Eastern Orthodox Church, Oriental Orthodox Church, and Roman Church to become unified once again under the Pope.  Or are the rifts so vast, that it is impossible for a wholesale reintegration?  I view the Protestantism as something that is dying (at least the mainline versions are, I reckon Cletus' Backyard Baptist Church may be around a little longer) so I don't consider them to be part of the equation.  While the sui juris model works well for the small Eastern Catholic communities, how could we incorporate the 100+ million Orthodox members into union that satisify all parties involved (concessions will have to be made to each party, but what is not on the table is the question)?

[
/quote]
Jesus,our Lords peace be with You.
Dear friend. Everything is always possible if it is God's will.
Blessings,Totterman
(11-20-2010, 05:47 PM)Pax et Bonum Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 05:19 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: I support the SSPX, and I have never even attended any of their chapel's! :)

Ah, lass. Ya warm my heart. ;)
(11-21-2010, 04:46 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 05:47 PM)Pax et Bonum Wrote:

Ah, lass. Ya warm my heart. ;)
:inlove:
Without reading all of the replies to this post, the answer is simple - all Christians are united.  A Christian, the strict sense of the word, is none other than the Catholic.  You cannot be a Christian and be separated to a 'church' other than that which was founded by Christ.  Since all Catholics are united as members of the Mystical Body, unity is a non-issue.
(11-21-2010, 04:50 PM)Pax et Bonum Wrote: :inlove:
???
(11-25-2010, 02:33 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:
???
Just messing around with ya.  :laughing:
True unity, described by Pope Pius XI (Mortalium Animos) and reaffirmed by the Holy Office in December of 1949, is not currently sought by the Vatican. See the Balamand Declaration: http://catholicism.org/russia-conversion.html (Scroll down to the bottom.)

:(

First, no proselytizing the Eastern Orthodox, and now no direct praying for the conversion of the Jews...EENS has truly become a meaningless formula (cf. Pope Pius XII, Humani Generis, n. 27).

(11-25-2010, 12:46 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: True unity, described by Pope Pius XI (Mortalium Animos) and reaffirmed by the Holy Office in December of 1949, is not currently sought by the Vatican. See the Balamand Declaration: http://catholicism.org/russia-conversion.html (Scroll down to the bottom.)

First, no proselytizing the Eastern Orthodox, and now no direct praying for the conversion of the Jews...EENS has truly become a meaningless formula (cf. Pope Pius XII, Humani Generis, n. 27).

It's nothing but a direct betrayal of the Great Commission of Our Lord. It's a clear sign of apostasy.
(11-25-2010, 10:23 AM)Pax et Bonum Wrote:
(11-25-2010, 02:33 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:
???
Just messing around with ya.  :laughing:
I thought that you were serious. Oh, okay. If you were just messing with me. ;)