The Tremendous Growth of the Society of St. Peter
I tend to think the F.S.S.P. is the best hope. I know their are people in the SSPX who feel it is a facade and that it will crumble under the direction of "rotten" bishops, but if the F.S.S.P. can get a bishop of its own, then that would be a HUGE victory.
(10-05-2010, 05:46 PM)James02 Wrote: There is a large bubble of kids below about 16 years old.  The FSSP needs to start getting serious about providing schools.  Trads have been generous in cooperating with the Lord and having kids.  We need schools.

I believe the future is to have Traditional teaching nuns.  We are in dire need of them so Catholics can have a low priced Catholic education for their kids.  And the Lincoln seminary will be at capacity in about 5 years.  So some thought needs to be put to buying a second seminary in the USA.

I agree.  The SSPX seminary I heard is at capacity.  I hope the growth continues.
the key statistic is that the average is 36, which is amazing.  And there are FSSP schools, many of them are not associated with the diocese and are kind of a quasi-homeschool in that the parishoners are the ones in charge of it and they teach the subjects and stuff.
(10-06-2010, 04:35 PM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: the key statistic is that the average is 36, which is amazing.  And there are FSSP schools, many of them are not associated with the diocese and are kind of a quasi-homeschool in that the parishoners are the ones in charge of it and they teach the subjects and stuff.

Even if the average lifespan of those priests is 70 (doubtful it would be that low), then the average time of service as a priest left is 34 years.  That's pretty amazing - and there's more to come!  Laudetur Deus!  :)
Another thing is that isn't talked about are religious and diocesans who come to the FSSP.  The priest in my parish was originally a diocesan for New York for a number of years before requesting to join the FSSP.  I was talking with an Oblate of the Virgin Mary recently who had a brother-priest recently released so he could join the FSSP because his superior wouldn't let him celebrate the EF as often as he wished.  It is interesting mixture the FSSP is getting and it is good thing.