The Hagia Sophia May Reopen Soon to Christian Worship
The director of the state sponsored Islamic Research Center has made a new proposal toward reopening buildings for religious purposes.

Ankara [kath.net/KAP] In the newly burning conflict surrounding Hagia Sophia in Constantinople, a leading adviser of the Turkish Religious Office has proposed that the historical Church should be open for Muslim prayers on workdays and for Christian Liturgies on Sundays. This could go a long way to solving the tug of war surrounding the Hagia Sophia which won't just be a comprise, said Mehmet Akif Aydin, director of the State sponsored Research Center (ISAM), to "Zaman" (Tuesday). one such solutino would also reinforce the bonds between Muslims and Christians and the readiness of both faith communities to coexist more peacefully.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...ering.html
This obviously up to the Patriarch but as far as I am concerned I would much rather see the place burn to the ground that give the Muhamedons the satisfaction of performing their "prayers" there and continue to deface a once Holy building.
i agree completely. lets pray these vile turks dont give the weirdo new church in spain any ideas regarding cordoba.
sip sip
Wouldnt the Church have to be reconsicrated or something each Sunday after the muslims get their weekly prayers to satan done?
(10-05-2010, 06:30 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Wouldnt the Church have to be reconsicrated or something each Sunday after the muslims get their weekly prayers to satan done?

I'm sure they will figure something out if they decide to do this, similiar to the Church of  the Tomb in Jerusalem, which is shared by five or six different rites, Orthodox, Latin, Antiochan and others, don't hold me to that.  :)
(10-05-2010, 06:38 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(10-05-2010, 06:30 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Wouldnt the Church have to be reconsicrated or something each Sunday after the muslims get their weekly prayers to satan done?

I'm sure they will figure something out if they decide to do this, similiar to the Church of  the Tomb in Jerusalem, which is shared by five or six different rites, Orthodox, Latin, Antiochan and others, don't hold me to that.  :)

That is not the same thing. I would never put our fellow Christians (all be it separated from us) and the muhamedon in the same level.