French royalists celebrate ...
(10-06-2010, 06:46 PM)ggreg Wrote: Definitely a good looking couple.  You can see the genetic effect of grabing all the best looking French women over many generations.  Even the kid is cute.

What happened to the British Royal Family I've no idea.  I think there must have been some monkey-business with horses somewhere along the line.

[Image: The-Princess-Royal-Prince-001.jpg]

Still Prince William ain't a bad looking sort.

:laughing: :laughing: I blame it on the Germans that took over  the English royal house myself. :) As the Jacobites used to say: "The very dogs of England's court they bark and howl in German!"

C.
LOL
I guess it must not be too hard for nobility to get an audience with the pope.
(10-06-2010, 06:38 PM)Cetil Wrote: No other royals attended their wedding in the Dominican Republic and it is said Juan Carlos isn't too happy about the Duke's  claim to the French throne.

C.

Yeah. I never understood why Juan Carlos had a problem with that. He didn't even like Louis signing his name as "the Duke of Anjou". Maybe Juan wants to inherit the title to the French Crown himself. Not that it would matter.

As for Louis XX, he's a cool guy and probably the "best" Catholic of all the pretenders, but he's culturally a Spaniard. I don't think he identifies himself with Frenchiness at all.
(10-06-2010, 08:40 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(10-06-2010, 06:38 PM)Cetil Wrote: No other royals attended their wedding in the Dominican Republic and it is said Juan Carlos isn't too happy about the Duke's  claim to the French throne.

C.

Yeah. I never understood why Juan Carlos had a problem with that. He didn't even like Louis signing his name as "the Duke of Anjou". Maybe Juan wants to inherit the title to the French Crown himself. Not that it would matter.

As for Louis XX, he's a cool guy and probably the "best" Catholic of all the pretenders, but he's culturally a Spaniard. I don't think he identifies himself with Frenchiness at all.

And thats why they Action Francaise types have never totally accepted him or his branch of the family.  He really needs to send his sons to France.. it would really boost his credibility. Though, it would have been over for the Legitimists if his male line had failed;  the French would never accept a personal union with Spain.
Is Monarchism anywhere near a slight possibility in ... well, anywhere?

Or are the Pretenders to the Thrones just kinda chillin', and like the use of the titles?
(10-07-2010, 02:07 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Is Monarchism anywhere near a slight possibility in ... well, anywhere?

Or are the Pretenders to the Thrones just kinda chillin', and like the use of the titles?

I think it has a good chance of being restored in Serbia, alas, an Orthodox nation.  The chance was even stronger 10 years ago.
(10-07-2010, 02:07 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Is Monarchism anywhere near a slight possibility in ... well, anywhere?

In the practical sphere, monarchies can probably only arise or be restored when countries are put in the same conditions those monarchies arose in... basically, the country in question needs to have undergone an apocalyptic cataclysm, and the pieces need to be put back together by warlords, among whom a king will rise.
(10-05-2010, 11:49 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote: But they're still just Frogs.

SoCall, pls elaborate.
Which is you stance against the froggies?
(10-07-2010, 03:40 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:

In the practical sphere, monarchies can probably only arise or be restored when countries are put in the same conditions those monarchies arose in... basically, the country in question needs to have undergone an apocalyptic cataclysm, and the pieces need to be put back together by warlords, among whom a king will rise.

Don't forget that the great Monarch will arise from the Lily...