With Alb and Stole: He Didn't Have His Rubber Ducky

A priest in the Diocese of Regensburg played Church Captain in an inflatable boat during Mass. For the Novus Ordo Eucharistic Celebration is an empty euer, which must be filled with just about anything.

[kreuz.net] Recently astor Wolfgan Stowasser presided over a youth Eucharist in the Village of Altmannstein -- in the Upper Bavarian County of Eichstaett.

This was according to the regional news 'Donaukurier' on the 20th of September.

Fr. Stowasser has looked after six parishes in the newly established pastoral area Altmannstein.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...e-his.html
[Image: article.11954.jpg]

I am not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Instead, this enrages me!

Kyrie Eleison.
(10-06-2010, 02:06 AM)INPEFESS Wrote: [Image: article.11954.jpg]

Kyrie Eleison.

I am glad I am not part of the Protestant NO Church.
(10-06-2010, 12:34 PM)Petertherock Wrote:

Kyrie Eleison.

You going Sede, bro?
(10-06-2010, 12:38 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(10-06-2010, 12:34 PM)Petertherock Wrote:

Kyrie Eleison.

You going Sede, bro?

I was baptized and confirmed at the NO Easter Vigil 2010. My best friend came - he's an Evangelical like I used to be. The Easter Vigil was beautiful - litany of the saints and all. He's a died-in-wool Protestant and yet the NO absolutely made his skin crawl at various moments, from what he told me afterwards - he only managed to sit thru it because he cares about me. So I think we should go easy a bit on the whole "The NO mass is Protestant". Marian elements in the NO mass drive Protestants bonkers.
My ex-girlfriend was a convert from Methodism and she said there were substantial parts of the NO Mass that she had problems with and the she could in no way compare it with a Methodist service.  I went to a Methodist service with her once just to see what it was like and it was pretty alien even to my raised-on-NO mind.

Also, people need to stop tarring the entire "NO Church" with every stupid thing that an idiot priest does to profane the Mass.  Nowhere in the NO rubrics does it allow a priest to bring a boat on stage.  Of course, some priests do things like this, and bishops aren't as proactive as they should be about stopping them.  This needs to be addressed, and it does appear that these abuses are less frequent than they were in the 70's and 80's.  Obviously, there is still a long way to go.

Still, I would advise against grouping every single non-TLM attending Catholic together into one monolithic group.  Many NO-attending Catholics are just as outraged at such ridiculous abuses as traditionalists.  Many younger NO priests are horrified at the things that are done by their "Spirit of Vatican II" elders.  Many "B16" bishops are cracking down on things far better than their Paul VI or JPII predecessors did.  A lot of my Catholic friends attend the NO exclusively but would probably feel a lot more at home at an SSPX Mass than at your average local NO.