Doubts about Newman's Beatification
(10-07-2010, 06:32 AM)Joshua Wrote:
(10-07-2010, 05:56 AM)Benno Wrote: And there's a thread about why people here are uncharitable... I have about 20 "uncharitable" things to say to posters on this thread... which for me would be an act of charity! But I won't.

Seriously. This whole frickin' thread is about as much of an embarrassment to this forum as it can get ... and that's saying a mouthful.

:amen:

I've been on this site for three years and this is the dumbest thread I have ever seen. If he was gay but didnt cornhole anybody why cant he get to heaven. He had to deal with being gay and if he didnt give into temptation then whats the problem.
(10-06-2010, 11:37 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(10-06-2010, 11:32 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote:
(10-06-2010, 11:21 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: but I have noticed that his behavior is reminiscent of one who suffers from that terrible predilection.

Like what? Unless you have proof that he slept with other men then I'm not sure what other behaviour that Card. Newman exhibited you could be talking about.

I dunno, showing up in drag for party, according to the correspondence of one of his friends, for one, in the Victorian era, for example.

Is this serious? If it is and there were rumors about him why didnt the Church look into it? Oh right the Devils Advocate has been removed and were all Saints now.
(10-07-2010, 05:22 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Is this serious? If it is and there were rumors about him why didnt the Church look into it? Oh right the Devils Advocate has been removed and were all Saints now.

DUH!  :fish: