Any news about a Consistory
I read somewhere that the college of Cardinals is down to 102 and is supposed to be at 120. Anybody know if the Pope is gonna have a conclave anytime soon its been awhile since the last one. At least for modern Church standards.
You mean a consistory, right? Conclaves are to elect new popes, of course.
(10-07-2010, 05:02 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: You mean a consistory, right? Conclaves are to elect new popes, of course.

Yeah I always get those two mixed up. Thanks for pointing it out so I can change the title.
I thought it was going to be this year.
The number does not have to be 120, that's merely the limit of how many Cardinal's are allowed to vote in a Conclave.
I think the Pope will wait till next Fall since there are about 10 more who still have to pass the age limit by next year. A Cardinal cannot vote for a pope once he has reached his 80th birthday. when Pope John 23rd was elected that rule didn't exist.
I've seen rumors on several Catholic blogs about there being one this November. 

Rocco Palmo's site is pretty good about getting out this kind of information before anyone else (although his commentary drives me nuts sometimes).

Here's the link:

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/
Any indication as to what we can expect from His Holiness as far as new Cardinals are concerned?
(10-07-2010, 08:30 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Any indication as to what we can expect from His Holiness as far as new Cardinals are concerned?

I've heard that Archbishop Burke will be getting the red hat for sure.  Fr. Z seems convinced that the new Prefect of the Congregation for Clergy (I forget his name) is also a shoo-in.
(10-07-2010, 08:56 PM)ies0716 Wrote:
(10-07-2010, 08:30 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Any indication as to what we can expect from His Holiness as far as new Cardinals are concerned?

I've heard that Archbishop Burke will be getting the red hat for sure.  Fr. Z seems convinced that the new Prefect of the Congregation for Clergy (I forget his name) is also a shoo-in.

Yay!  :)

What are can we hopefully look forward to as far as the make-up of the next Conclave?  Anyone have any ideas?