Good Retreat Houses
When I go on vacation in early November, I am looking to do a spiritual retreat, perhaps one of those 8 days Ignatian Retreats.  I am currently wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a retreat house staffed by solid, orthodox Catholics (even NOers) in the northeast (or essentially any place east of the Mississippi) that can offer spiritual direction.

thank you for any suggestion 
St ignatius retreat house in Ridgefield,CT. It's run by the SSPX. It is a great place for retreats. They have one in November for men so check it out.
Miles Christi Ignatian Retreats are always solid.  They have centers in Detroit and San Diego, but their priests travel around the country giving retreats wherever they can find a decent center.  I went on one this past month and was very impressed.  They should have a schedule with locations on their website.  Select "Activities" and the "Date" tab to see their retreats by date and location.

http://www.mileschristi.org/

(10-08-2010, 10:57 AM)ies0716 Wrote: Miles Christi Ignatian Retreats are always solid.  They have centers in Detroit and San Diego, but their priests travel around the country giving retreats wherever they can find a decent center.  I went on one this past month and was very impressed.  They should have a schedule with locations on their website.  Select "Activities" and the "Date" tab to see their retreats by date and location.

http://www.mileschristi.org/

This is really nice to see.  I went on a silent retreat here in Michigan this past weekend.  So much was liberal/new age.  I am glad I had all I have learned here to fall back on & skipped some of the new age stuff.  My friends that went also just skipped those parts of the retreat.  But I was going to look for someplace new for next year.

I am also interested in what other people recommend.
(10-08-2010, 01:02 AM)AntoniusMaximus Wrote: thank you for any suggestion   

A life changing experience!
I'll second Ridgefield. I don't regularly attend an SSPX chapel, but I went to a mens' retreat at Ridgefield 2 years ago. Very good, powerful experience.
Well, unfortunately, it is in the wrong time of the month.

I was thinking of something more solitary if possible.  i figure I can't find a good traditional retreat that fits my schedule, but the best I can do is find the least objectionable monastery or retreat house that is willing to offer spiritual direction.  What I really want is to be able to speak with a brother or priest for an hour a day or so, have a large library, and some breathing space to walk and think.  So I cross off any that has the words Taize, spa/acupuncture services, any new age hippie feel, the word sandinistas in a positive light (I kid you not there is a monastery in vermont that think they are the bee's knees).    While some cynical folks around here think that that's all of them.  There are a few I am discovering that have potential.  Such as Mary Mother of the Church in Richmond, Va (Benedictines) seems to be pretty solid.  St. Joseph's Retreat House in Milton, Ma ran by Oblates of the Virgin Mary (recently was on a pilgrimmage with a brother-priest from them, quite orthodox).  There is also the Diocesan retreat house (Scranton) which is close to where I work and may offer something.  Then there is Mt St. Francis which is run by the Franciscans of the Immaculate in Maine, NY which is pretty close to me as well and that seems probably the best choice I have found thus far.