Crying so much...Feeling so helpless...
Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread, I have been crying less. I still do occassionally though less now that on my twitter account I have found so many other Law&Order SVUers that I have been able to rant about the show, and go on and on and on and not annoy non SVUers with my slight addiction to the show :D I love the show so much...new episodes come on Wednesday from 9-10pm on nbc, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays I watch SVU repeats...lol even my Dad is getting tired of me because I have him tape the episodes now XD! I only cry for those in real life who I want to help..though I have an action-plan that I'm going to put into action..I'm going to train to become a rape crisis counselor, save up money and eventually move to NY....I'm also focusing more and more on losing weight by going to the gym(I want to get to be the same size as Mariska)..she's not too thin and not too big...but just right :) I'm a bit on the heavy side...so I'm working on that too. Again, thank you everyone who replied :) Blessed be...
hargitay very pretty. you know she the daughter of jayne mansfield and some famous bodybuilder
(11-06-2010, 01:40 AM)icecream Wrote: hargitay very pretty. you know she the daughter of jayne mansfield and some famous bodybuilder

Yes I did know this :)...I also know that her Dad's name is Miklos Hargitay :D and she did not want to be known as a "sex symbol" like her mom as well as the fact that it took hard work for her to get to where she is....she has stated that she still tries to be "frugal" with her money because she has said and I remember clearly from reading that she still remains frugal with her money because although famous now she knows/understands that anything can happen and she is still not used to having a large amount of money because she was well...she did not have a lot of money for the longest time...longer than she has had money...when she was younger she had so much debt and when her bf was her only saving grace...but when they broke up he told her she better pay him like the 20 mil she owed him...so she got famous and paid him back....she is also saving money for the future...and for her son because she also knows that the show won't go on forever...(sighs)
Praying for you! Everybody else has given great advice. I agree that you sound lonely. It's not a weakness, it means you're normal. We are social creatures. God made us that way, to live in communion like He does (in the Blessed Trinity). Have you considered reducing your course load? If you are so busy with school that you find it hard to socialize, that sounds like it might be too much. Have you thought about getting a part-time job, something where you'd be working with people? It might be an easy way to make some friends or at least see and hear faces and voices in real life. I've been in a similar place to where you are now, and honestly having a job and doing something concrete and demanding (my first job was at a restaurant) did wonders for my tendency to worry and be overly dreamy and melancholy. Plus you'd be bound to hear and see some great material for that eventual screenplay :)
And if depression keeps dogging you...go get your thyroid checked.  Hypothyroidism is one of the leading causes of depression in women.  You should recommend your friend see a doctor to have her thyroid checked, too.  Could be that $4/month at Walmart (for Synthroid) could be the cure.
(11-18-2010, 05:14 AM)Pomprincess Wrote:
(11-06-2010, 01:40 AM)icecream Wrote: hargitay very pretty. you know she the daughter of jayne mansfield and some famous bodybuilder

Yes I did know this :)...I also know that her Dad's name is Miklos Hargitay :D and she did not want to be known as a "sex symbol" like her mom as well as the fact that it took hard work for her to get to where she is....she has stated that she still tries to be "frugal" with her money because she has said and I remember clearly from reading that she still remains frugal with her money because although famous now she knows/understands that anything can happen and she is still not used to having a large amount of money because she was well...she did not have a lot of money for the longest time...longer than she has had money...when she was younger she had so much debt and when her bf was her only saving grace...but when they broke up he told her she better pay him like the 20 mil she owed him...so she got famous and paid him back....she is also saving money for the future...and for her son because she also knows that the show won't go on forever...(sighs)

she seem like nice person! i rooting for her and wish her much success!!!