Any CAF Refugees Here?
I don't really mind the folks who are anti-traditionalist or just plain clueless about traditionalism as much.  That's to be expected on a forum run by Karl Keating.  :laughing: 

What I don't like is that flat-out heretics post on there with impunity, saying ridiculous things like "I think the Church needs to ordain women and get rid of celibacy to remain relevant."  Any Catholic forum worth its salt should require all posters abide by a "Catholicity" agreement where they agree not to attack the teachings of the Church or try to convince others of heresy.  Without that, it just becomes a Christian/Protestant/Whatever forum that happens to feature a lot of discussion about Catholicism.
(10-08-2010, 01:28 PM)Ockham Wrote: Does anyone have experience with Catholic Answers Forum?  I've tried to play by their rules in the 'Traditional Catholic' forum but it seems like a losing battle.  Should I give up or can anyone offer advice as to how to survive there.

Hi Ockham,
We've interacted several times on CAF, I've been a member there for about three years. I'm not sure what happened over at the Traditional forum, but I would not let it discourage you. Sometimes we post without thinking or in the heat of the moment. Not a good habit, especially on CAF where the rules are very strict. I would not give up, just humble yourself and pepper your words with love and grace. Let the other poster be a jerk.
Keep in mind a good portion of the members there never post, they simply lurk. Perhaps something you say can persuade them.
All the best.
(10-10-2010, 09:09 AM)ies0716 Wrote: I don't really mind the folks who are anti-traditionalist or just plain clueless about traditionalism as much.  That's to be expected on a forum run by Karl Keating.  :laughing: 

What I don't like is that flat-out heretics post on there with impunity, saying ridiculous things like "I think the Church needs to ordain women and get rid of celibacy to remain relevant."  Any Catholic forum worth its salt should require all posters abide by a "Catholicity" agreement where they agree not to attack the teachings of the Church or try to convince others of heresy.  Without that, it just becomes a Christian/Protestant/Whatever forum that happens to feature a lot of discussion about Catholicism.

This is what gets me, too, ies0716. I can't count the number of times on the family forum I've heard, "Just get an annulment, so you can remarry."
(10-08-2010, 07:18 PM)ies0716 Wrote: I have the same username on CAF  I still browse and occasionally post, but I think the biggest "area for improvement" for them is to not allow non-Catholics and heretics to join. 

Forgive me for replying to an old post, but I want to point out that yesterday CAF banned discussion of Eastern Orthodoxy.
I post on CAF occasionally. the moderators go after me every time I go and blast Vatican II and show a bias towards the TLM.
They also banned discussion of sedevacantism, but that's old news.
I was banned...twice....for rather innocuous things.  I was trying to get one of my threads under control as it was becoming a lot less charitable on both sides, and well self-moderator is against the laws.  Then I tried to log on using my other email address and well they figured it out and barred me.  Picked my sandals up and never went back.
I'm not banned, but I figured that there wasn't enough good there to make it worth my time anymore so I came over here instead.  I still look over the threads once a month or so, but nothing much about CAF interests me anymore.
(07-21-2011, 10:15 PM)Peter J Wrote: They also banned discussion of sedevacantism, but that's old news.

That's also banned here.

Everytime I post there I get pounced on or the thread gets deleted.  :shrug:
The regular fawned over posters there absolutely appall me by what they post.  Going to CAF is like going to the NO after a steady diet of TLM.