Any CAF Refugees Here?
(07-22-2011, 02:02 PM)Petertherock Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 10:15 PM)Peter J Wrote: They also banned discussion of sedevacantism, but that's old news.

That's also banned here.

Still, it does strike me as a tiny bit odd that CAF would ban that one particular topic, seeing as Protestants, Mormons, Hindu etc are all welcome to post there.
I admit...I was there under DumSpiroSpero and MichaelDaniels....banned both times...for what?? I don't know...perhaps I was too inflamatory....however, I pray for them. 
I was banned too, mainly because the moderator Marian Carrol hated me.  She asked me not to use the term neo-Catholic if you can believe that.  So instead, I used  :censored:-Catholic.  The hammer fell.  She claimed I was mocking her and undermining her authority.  Ya think?  :bronxcheer:
I left CA when I got banned in '08 during the great Trad banning in which they banned a great number of trads and they actually shut down the Traditional Catholic subforum for a week due to a meltdown in civility or whatever they claimed it was to silence traditionalists.
(07-23-2011, 12:19 AM)SaintRafael Wrote: I left CA when I got banned in '08 during the great Trad banning in which they banned a great number of trads and they actually shut down the Traditional Catholic subforum for a week due to a meltdown in civility or whatever they claimed it was to silence traditionalists.
I was sent an email in the beginning of that year because I posted one of the "banned topics" on the trad forum. The moderator was Robert Bay. According to my posting statistics, I started the thread "relatively few people attending the EF" and apparently something I said was a censored topic. I was shocked since I never pick fights with anyone or act obnoxious, and I grew angry and never went back to CAF after that. Apparently now, they have a censor on EF vs OF topics so that you can't insult the OF even in a trad forum. Like DUH, its the trad forum, we aren't going to praise charismatic renewal.
(07-23-2011, 01:18 AM)TeaGuyTom Wrote:
(07-23-2011, 12:19 AM)SaintRafael Wrote: I left CA when I got banned in '08 during the great Trad banning in which they banned a great number of trads and they actually shut down the Traditional Catholic subforum for a week due to a meltdown in civility or whatever they claimed it was to silence traditionalists.
I was sent an email in the beginning of that year because I posted one of the "banned topics" on the trad forum. The moderator was Robert Bay. According to my posting statistics, I started the thread "relatively few people attending the EF" and apparently something I said was a censored topic. I was shocked since I never pick fights with anyone or act obnoxious, and I grew angry and never went back to CAF after that. Apparently now, they have a censor on EF vs OF topics so that you can't insult the OF even in a trad forum. Like DUH, its the trad forum, we aren't going to praise charismatic renewal.

Actually someone created a thread a few days ago called "List the Reasons the Ordinary Form of the Mass is Awesome"
(07-23-2011, 01:21 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:

Actually someone created a thread a few days ago called "List the Reasons the Ordinary Form of the Mass is Awesome"

That must have been a short thread!  :laughing:
(07-23-2011, 01:26 AM)dymphna17 Wrote:

I'm hoping it wasn't posted in the Trad forum.
(07-23-2011, 01:35 AM)TeaGuyTom Wrote:
(07-23-2011, 01:26 AM)dymphna17 Wrote:

I'm hoping it wasn't posted in the Trad forum.

Yes this was in the trad forum.
I didn't see that thread, but I did see this under the heading "Discussing the EF and OF" (Aug 27, '10):

Quote:It is unfortunate that we are unable to discuss the liturgy and speak charitably to each other or about others. In other words, it seems that every time this subject comes up, it eventually ends up in arguing, labeling people, and labeling the forms of the mass as if they can be pitted against each other like football teams.

Such behavior is beneath the intentions of this forum, the reverence due to the subject and the respect due to others. Therefore, all threads about the OF and EF that derail into name calling, labeling people or dishonor the liturgy by pitting one form over the other shall be closed and the posters run the risk of having their accounts moderated or even closed.

If you want to discuss this topic:

1. speak about the liturgy with due honor, regardless of what form you prefer;

2. DO NOT pit one form against the other;

3. Refrain from labeling either the form or the individuals who appreciate one or the other.

4. Bullying will not be tolerated.

If you encounter any problem of this sort in future discussions, please inform me ASAP.

In the unlikely event that it is too difficult to observe these rules, we can always place a moratorium on all discussions about EF and OF, on the TC forum, until cooler heads prevail.

Thank you

Thomas Casey

So does this mean that people sometimes "pit one form against the other"? I can't imagine what that might be like  ???
;D