Any CAF Refugees Here?
Tom Casey is a turkey. I used to post there too. One day he sent me 10 demerit points or whatever they call it. I was amazed, how high school can you get?? And it is sure true that they stomp on Trad Catholics faster than anything or anyone else. I refused the demerits and quit the forum. Last I heard they were in deep financial trouble and may have to close up shop.

C.
(10-08-2010, 02:05 PM)Robert De Brus Wrote: Yes, I am 'Pius IX' on CA.  I quit posting on there because I would see trads get banned for nothing, or making even the mildest critique of Vatican II, yet - there is a poster there named 'chosen people', a jew who does nothing but rag on the Catholic Church.  No bans for him, but plenty of bans for faithful Catholics.
So you see who runs CAF- ::)
(07-24-2011, 06:57 AM)Cetil Wrote: Tom Casey is a turkey. I used to post there too. One day he sent me 10 demerit points or whatever they call it. I was amazed, how high school can you get?? And it is sure true that they stomp on Trad Catholics faster than anything or anyone else. I refused the demerits and quit the forum. Last I heard they were in deep financial trouble and may have to close up shop.

C.

Which one, the forum or the whole CA empire?  They're always begging for money for one thing or another and yet they can afford to send Karl Keating on cruises around the world.  Bah.
I've noticed as years go by, CA (the whole empire) has usurped itself into EWTN. There is whole chunks dedicated to Cath Answer call in or whatever it is and CA has some of their experts on the Ask the Expert box.
(07-23-2011, 12:01 AM)DrBombay Wrote: I was banned too, mainly because the moderator Marian Carrol hated me.  She asked me not to use the term neo-Catholic if you can believe that.  So instead, I used  :censored:-Catholic.  The hammer fell.  She claimed I was mocking her and undermining her authority.  Ya think?   :bronxcheer:

Not to go off on a tangent, but personally I'm not too big on calling them "neo-Catholic". I think "neo-conservative Catholic" is a better description of Catholic Answers.

Just my 2 cents.
(07-24-2011, 06:57 AM)Cetil Wrote: Tom Casey is a turkey. I used to post there too. One day he sent me 10 demerit points or whatever they call it. I was amazed, how high school can you get?? And it is sure true that they stomp on Trad Catholics faster than anything or anyone else. I refused the demerits and quit the forum. Last I heard they were in deep financial trouble and may have to close up shop.

C.
CAF's always trailed behind the other Trad forums in terms of raw numbers from what I could tell. So it's not surprising that they're dying out.

:laughing:
I received a warning from Mr. Casey about a month ago because I called NO mass music the product of a contiguous plague. When I tried to defend myself saying that I thought the one place I would be able to comment on protestants and the awful music they gave us was on the Trad forum he told me that I was being defiant, not behaving like a true Catholic and that I had to respect our brothers who belong to other denominations. So I replied saying that the spirit of VII was alive and well on the CAF. Then he banned me, but he quickly lifted the band once I emailed the main email for the site mod.

I can't believe how *ecumenical* we are forced to be there. It is absolutely disgusting. I rarely post there anymore.
(07-24-2011, 09:30 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I received a warning from Mr. Casey about a month ago because I called NO mass music the product of a contiguous plague. When I tried to defend myself saying that I thought the one place I would be able to comment on protestants and the awful music they gave us was on the Trad forum he told me that I was being defiant, not behaving like a true Catholic and that I had to respect our brothers who belong to other denominations. So I replied saying that the spirit of VII was alive and well on the CAF. Then he banned me, but he quickly lifted the band once I emailed the main email for the site mod.

I can't believe how *ecumenical* we are forced to be there. It is absolutely disgusting. I rarely post there anymore.
Dont know why anyone posts there ever
(07-24-2011, 09:30 PM)MorganHiver Wrote: I received a warning from Mr. Casey about a month ago because I called NO mass music the product of a contiguous plague. When I tried to defend myself saying that I thought the one place I would be able to comment on protestants and the awful music they gave us was on the Trad forum he told me that I was being defiant, not behaving like a true Catholic and that I had to respect our brothers who belong to other denominations. So I replied saying that the spirit of VII was alive and well on the CAF. Then he banned me, but he quickly lifted the band once I emailed the main email for the site mod.

I love it how they qualify the Catholic Church in the same category as another denomination.
Another abomination.
I posted there for awhile...but was banned too many times.