Bishop Fellay: Rome is Divided: Some Love, Many Hate the Society's Work
(10-09-2010, 08:04 PM)glgas Wrote:
(10-08-2010, 11:11 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Truth is always hated.

Whose truth, and by whom?

The never ending Catholic faith that Rome has abandoned. Which now resides in the different trad groups.
(10-09-2010, 08:04 PM)glgas Wrote:
(10-08-2010, 11:11 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Truth is always hated.

Whose truth, and by whom?

Heeeere we go.
(10-09-2010, 04:42 PM)Nic Wrote:
(10-09-2010, 01:08 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: There is plenty of people that hate the society because they do not know any better.

I my self can be counted as one that used to belong in those ranks. When I decided that the NO was simply not fulfilling my hunger as Christian and decided to follow the TLM one of the most frustrating things for me was the SSPX I held them in contempt for having separated them selves from the one true Church and the Chair of Peter, I saw as worst than sedes or protestants. Why? Because these are people that in my mind, should "know" better. Also another contributing factor was the odd and conflicting way in which I viewed JP II.

I have since then, soften my stance on the subject, I still believe however that the Society needs to be regularized within the Church in order to fulfill its mission. Yet hate is no longer the way that I would describe my feelings toward it, but rather hopeful.

Yet without Archbishop Lefebvre and the Society, the TLM would probably have died in non-sede circles.  We all owe the late Archbishop and the Society a great debt.  Basically, it is Rome that needs to be "regularized," not the SSPX.  The SSPX operates EXACTLY how the Church of pre-conciliar days did, holding to full orthodoxy.  The post-conciliar Church has fallen into ambiguity and outright error (this is concerning the very fallible human element).  The SSPX can never be "regularized" in this environment - not until Rome and the entire Church returns to complete orthodoxy, which will without a doubt cause a major public schism (I say public because in truth the schism has already occurred).  This needs to happen for the good of all souls and the end of this age of confusion - the weeds must be separated from the wheat, the false Church from the true Church.

Well Said!  :w2go:
(10-09-2010, 04:42 PM)Nic Wrote:
(10-09-2010, 01:08 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: There is plenty of people that hate the society because they do not know any better.

I my self can be counted as one that used to belong in those ranks. When I decided that the NO was simply not fulfilling my hunger as Christian and decided to follow the TLM one of the most frustrating things for me was the SSPX I held them in contempt for having separated them selves from the one true Church and the Chair of Peter, I saw as worst than sedes or protestants. Why? Because these are people that in my mind, should "know" better. Also another contributing factor was the odd and conflicting way in which I viewed JP II.

I have since then, soften my stance on the subject, I still believe however that the Society needs to be regularized within the Church in order to fulfill its mission. Yet hate is no longer the way that I would describe my feelings toward it, but rather hopeful.

Yet without Archbishop Lefebvre and the Society, the TLM would probably have died in non-sede circles.  We all owe the late Archbishop and the Society a great debt.  Basically, it is Rome that needs to be "regularized," not the SSPX.  The SSPX operates EXACTLY how the Church of pre-conciliar days did, holding to full orthodoxy.  The post-conciliar Church has fallen into ambiguity and outright error (this is concerning the very fallible human element).  The SSPX can never be "regularized" in this environment - not until Rome and the entire Church returns to complete orthodoxy, which will without a doubt cause a major public schism (I say public because in truth the schism has already occurred).  This needs to happen for the good of all souls and the end of this age of confusion - the weeds must be separated from the wheat, the false Church from the true Church.

I understand that, my argument was that many that Bishop sees as "hating" their mission is that many hated out of ignorance not out right hostility for the mission it self.