Winter Soup Recipes
I don't know about winter, but my mom is out and I commander her to make split pea soup...I will post the recipe,,,which is probably mostly on the bag when I find the bag or ask mom...but she adds a couple of things...and man is it good.
This looks great: Lentil Soup with Spicy Italian Sausage

[Image: mare_lentil_soup_with_spicy_italian_sausage_h.jpg]
That looks mighty tasty to me, mmmmmm !
tim
(10-29-2010, 02:22 PM)piabee Wrote: This looks great: Lentil Soup with Spicy Italian Sausage

:eats:

That looks very similar to what I'm planning on throwing in the crock pot tomorrow night.  The neighboring Knights of Columbus Council in Moscow, ID has an annual sausage and sauerkraut dinner the first Sunday in November to raise money for the parochial school.  They make the sausage themselves from someone's old German family recipie, and it is SOOOOOOOOO good.  They sell packages of uncooked sausage, and I always get 10 lbs., mostly for making soup during the year.  I just unthawed the last package from last year, and was planning on a lentil soup with carrots, celery, and onion.
(11-01-2010, 12:51 AM)moneil Wrote: :eats:

You'll need a spoon for soup.  ;D
(11-01-2010, 02:40 AM)piabee Wrote:
(11-01-2010, 12:51 AM)moneil Wrote: :eats:

You'll need a spoon for soup.  ;D

Depends on the soup!  ;D
(10-29-2010, 02:22 PM)piabee Wrote: This looks great: Lentil Soup with Spicy Italian Sausage

Mmm, soup!  :eats:
hey texican maybe you should open up restaurant since you like to cook so uch.
(11-01-2010, 01:59 PM)icecream Wrote: hey texican maybe you should open up restaurant since you like to cook so uch.

that's an idea... thanks!
I get to be the dessert cook!  What do you think Tex?