Winter Soup Recipes
(12-03-2010, 07:50 PM)JayneK Wrote: I like to make a lot of pureed soups, so it is worth having a hand (immersion) blender.  Instead of blending in batches, the blender goes right into the soup pot and does it all at once.  It is faster and less messy.  The hand blender is also good for making individual smoothies or protein shakes.  Reasonable quality hand blenders can be bought for under $50.

I really want one of these.

I have a corn chowder recipe. Really good! I'll stick it up here later.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(12-04-2010, 12:32 AM)moneil Wrote:
(12-03-2010, 07:50 PM)JayneK Wrote: I like to make a lot of pureed soups, so it is worth having a hand (immersion) blender.  Instead of blending in batches, the blender goes right into the soup pot and does it all at once.  It is faster and less messy.  The hand blender is also good for making individual smoothies or protein shakes.  Reasonable quality hand blenders can be bought for under $50.

I didn’t know about those.  Great idea for my Christmas list (a family required tradition, and I usually get a Bed, Bath & Beyond gift card from my mother anyway, as she thinks my house is lacking ;D).  Thanks for the suggestion  :thumb:

BB&B has a couple of decent ones for under $50. I need to pick one up, too.