Which one of the following propositions seem more plausible to you.
(10-10-2010, 03:27 PM)glgas Wrote: Jesus Christ and all the Apostles were orthodox Jews.  I was a beautiful religion, the representative of God in the earth.

As for today the hierarchy is:

- Catholics (Roman and Easter) in which the mystical Body of Jesus Christ subsist.
Hierarchy?

Quote:Matthew 12:30]
He that is not with me, is against me: and he that gathereth not with me, scattereth.
There is "true" and "false".

Quote:- Eastern Orthodox churches, which share with us the sacrament (but miss the unity with the Pope and the Magisterium)
And deny the truths revealed to us and bless adultery and value nationalism over God.

Quote:- the Protestants (including mormons), who share the Creed and Baptism with us (missing either the rest of the Sacraments and the unity with the Pope and the Magisterium)
Mormons are not Christians. They deny the divinity of Christ.

Quote:- the Jews which share the Ten commandments, the monotheism and some part of the concept of the Messias with us
They deny the fruition of their Scriptures. They are lost without meaning.

Quote:- the Muslims which share the monotheism and the  basic principles of the morality with us
Some guy took the scriptures and perverted them for his own purposes.

(10-10-2010, 02:43 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 02:30 PM)Gerard Wrote: I would've thought Orthodoxy would be the closest to the truth.  Unfortunately salvation isn't like horseshoes and hand grenades.   Close isn't good enough.   But a dying Catholic in mortal sin can get into Heaven with the help of an Orthodox priest absolving him. 

I think orthodoxy would've been too easy of a choice

Orthodoxy is also the only sensible choice in such a scenario. They, like us, believe in Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus, accept the seven sacraments as well as most of Divine Tradition (including the first seven ecumenical councils, and accord the Pope a primacy of honor). They are thus the closest to us with regard to possessing the truth. Every other option is fundamentally flawed (Protestants err regarding Revelation, the Church and means of grace, while the other three explicitly deny the Holy Trinity).

If I'm forced to choose one of the options, however, then the best one available is Protestantism because they at least accept the fundamental doctrines of the Catholic faith (the Blessed Trinity and the Incarnation); their most grevious errors concern the sources and content of Revelation, the visibility and authority of the Church, the sacraments, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, justification, and many of them err concerning the Last Things.

Personally, I think Protestantism's biggest sin is their rejection of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. It's one thing to insult God indirectly by rejecting His Church, but it's quite another to directly insult Him by refusing Him the true worship that He commands of us (not that I'm accusing them of formal sin).
Anglo-Papalism or the Anglo-Papism subset of Anglicanism, a subset of the category of "Protestantism."  :)
There is a reason I did not include the Orthodox in the example. Please try to think within the 4 choices that were given.
(10-10-2010, 03:45 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: Hierarchy?

: a graded or ranked series

Quote:Matthew 12:30
He that is not with me, is against me: and he that gathereth not with me, scattereth.
There is "true" and "false".
[/quote]

In the absolute reality: in God. There is many in between in between and fuzzy logic in our pissy sitty imperfect life.  Only God is the the Truth and the Good
Quote:[quote]
Mormons are not Christians. They deny the divinity of Christ.

The consider themselves Christian, honor the Bible including the New Testament, they have significantly more reverent Sunday gatherings then most of the protestant and even many Catholic churches. They leave it open Christ's divinity, they believe that all Person of the Trinity has body.

Quote:- the Jews which share the Ten commandments, the monotheism and some part of the concept of the Messias with us
They deny the fruition of their Scriptures. They are lost without meaning.

Quote:Some guy took the scriptures and perverted them for his own purposes.

I worked with Muslims for a year in Germany. We washed street cars. They had better morality than the Christians on the same environment, and they certainly believed in One God
Atheism.
(10-10-2010, 07:57 PM)Christopher Wrote: Atheism.
Wherefore?
I thought about it but as science has already proved there is a Zero percent likelihood that the Universe was created by chance out of nothing.

Also I personally give it a zero percent chance, so following the logic that God is the first cause for everything then I could not justify putting it in the list.
Of the four definitely Judaism since the Catholic faith is the continuation of the one true faith that has always been in the worls starting with Adam, thru the Patriarchial Age, then Abraham , Moses and Judaism until the long anticipated savior JESUS came and Judaism rejected him and the temple was destroyed as God set up the Catholic Church till the end of time which the gates of Hell will never overcome.
(10-10-2010, 09:09 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: I thought about it but as science has already proved there is a Zero percent likelihood that the Universe was created by chance out of nothing.

Also I personally give it a zero percent chance, so following the logic that God is the first cause for everything then I could not justify putting it in the list.

I hope Stephen Hawking gets around to reading this post!