CAF problem
(10-11-2010, 07:14 AM)glgas Wrote: I recommend you to meditate on Pope Damasus I (366-383), who changed the original Greek to Latin

- is really the Latin the eternal language?

- was God wrong then he let written down the words and deeds of His Word in the vulgar (koine) Greek instead of the sacred eternal Latin?

Also believe me and read my posts, you cannot feel a second language. God wants you not only to be present and follow, but to feel and participate.

There were problems with the new language in the 4th Century, and there are problems now. It was not a mistake that the XXI Ecumenical council ordered only the teaching part of the Mass to be in vernacular; but the idea itself we must learn the Words of God  in our own language is sound. The fact that the full vernacular translation was too fast does not kills the idea itself.

One more point: in the 1st century AD the 'classical language was the Latin of a different version of the Greek. The koine, the language of the New Testament is vulgar language. God wanted to reach everybody, he did not wanted to restrict His Words to the elite. Also the fist mass praised God in that koine, the vulgar language.

I guess somethings never change.
(10-10-2010, 08:56 PM)love alabama Wrote: I was threatened with suspension on Catholic Answers for promoting the TLM over the Novus Ordo. They just don't want to hear it.

Shake the dust from your shoes and move on.

Don't throw pearls before swine.
As JayneK has said, it might be fruitful to hone your skillz there...

Undermine the *#&@ out of it and don't reveal your hand or tell your trumps.
Btw, some people like to cut off their noses to spite their faces. 

Why not just assume that Keating and his minions will boot you for saying certain things and do whatever it is JayneK is doing.....
(10-11-2010, 08:54 AM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: the other probably does not even hear "Hic est enim corpus est"

You're right, even the servers closest to the priest don't hear that, since the words of consecration for the bread are "Hoc est enim Corpus meum."