ice cream facst
Salt caramel and lavender ice cream from Bi-Rite Creamery in SF. The salt caramel has to be the most delectable thing I've ever eaten.

[Image: icecream.jpg]
(11-12-2010, 10:22 PM)piabee Wrote: Salt caramel and lavender ice cream from Bi-Rite Creamery in SF. The salt caramel has to be the most delectable thing I've ever eaten.

How was the lavender?

paragon Wrote:I bet you can't walk into a bakery in Canada and ask for a snot block though !!

Nope!  :laughing:
(11-12-2010, 10:25 PM)Vivace Wrote:
(11-12-2010, 10:22 PM)piabee Wrote: Salt caramel and lavender ice cream from Bi-Rite Creamery in SF. The salt caramel has to be the most delectable thing I've ever eaten.

How was the lavender?

Light and flowery. Kind of an unexpected flavor since it wasn't something I'm used to. It was ok though. The salt caramel is so amazing and complex that it overshadowed it.
(11-12-2010, 09:12 PM)paragon Wrote: Wow.  I always assumed plum pudding was as endemic in Christmas celebrations as ham/turkey and so on.  Or do you not have those??

Over here, my family of weirdo atheists always have barbecued seafood at Christmas.  Dunno why.

"family od weirdo atheists" ;D

never even heard of plum pudding

(11-12-2010, 10:20 PM)Pax et Bonum Wrote: This was one of my favourite ice cream flavours when I was a kid.

[Image: pro_cvi_101.jpg]

Cherry vanilla (Haagen Dazs version pictured)

that great!

[Image: icecream.jpg]

i want one!
Oh, no offence icecream, they'd be weirdos if they were catholics too.   ;D

I can't believe you people don't have plum pudding!  Must be an English (& colonies) thing.
(11-12-2010, 09:12 PM)paragon Wrote: Wow.  I always assumed plum pudding was as endemic in Christmas celebrations as ham/turkey and so on.  Or do you not have those??

In America the endemic holiday dessert is pumpkin pie. Or apple pie. Or pecan pie. Basically pie. My family also has panettone (type of fruitcake) because my mom is Italian. It's traditionally a Christmas bread but you can get it year-round now.
(11-13-2010, 01:15 AM)paragon Wrote: Oh, no offence icecream, they'd be weirdos if they were catholics too.   ;D

:laughing: :laughing:

no plum pudding. frankly, sound disgusdting, almost as dsigusting as barbequed seafood
It's similar-ish to fruitcake, but way better.  Pumpkin pie sounds quite horrible to me - I don't know how that could possibly qualify as a dessert!