ice cream facst
(11-13-2010, 01:07 AM)piabee Wrote: Light and flowery. Kind of an unexpected flavor since it wasn't something I'm used to. It was ok though. The salt caramel is so amazing and complex that it overshadowed it.

That's interesting. I saw a guy on TV make a lavender ice cream cake, but I didn't know it was a real flavour. I don't think I would ever order it  :laughing:

Never heard of salt caramel before...
(11-13-2010, 01:39 AM)paragon Wrote: It's similar-ish to fruitcake, but way better.  Pumpkin pie sounds quite horrible to me - I don't know how that could possibly qualify as a dessert!

"Sounds" horrible? You've never had it?
Edit: I think I read that question the wrong way at first.  No, I haven't had it, never even heard of it!
It's very good:

[Image: pumpkin_pie_250x251.jpg]

It's even a flavour of ice cream:

[Image: Pumpkin.jpg]
Nice, I wonder why no-one here makes it.  I presume it tastes nothing like pumpkin, like how carrot cake tastes nothing like carrot?

It doesn't look like something you'd want to pour brandy over and set fire to though - that's half the fun of plum pudding!
(11-13-2010, 02:12 AM)paragon Wrote: Nice, I wonder why no-one here makes it.  I presume it tastes nothing like pumpkin, like how carrot cake tastes nothing like carrot?

I'll let someone else answer that. I have no clue what pumpkin tastes like, only pumpkin pie.

Quote:It doesn't look like something you'd want to pour brandy over and set fire to though - that's half the fun of plum pudding!

:laughing: No, definitely not. Though, I suppose anything is possible...
:o

What is it about you North Americans and pumpkins - you're always either carving faces into them or making pies out of them.  Just eat them !!
:laughing:
(11-13-2010, 01:41 AM)Vivace Wrote:
(11-13-2010, 01:39 AM)paragon Wrote: It's similar-ish to fruitcake, but way better.  Pumpkin pie sounds quite horrible to me - I don't know how that could possibly qualify as a dessert!

"Sounds" horrible? You've never had it?

I can't stand it. The texture is awful.
(11-13-2010, 03:00 AM)piabee Wrote: I can't stand it. The texture is awful.

I know what you mean  :laughing: I could never eat pumpkin pie as a kid because of the texture, but it's grown on me somehow.

paragon Wrote:Just eat them !!

We eat the seeds...  :shrug:
(11-13-2010, 02:30 AM)paragon Wrote: :o

What is it about you North Americans and pumpkins - you're always either carving faces into them or making pies out of them.  Just eat them !!
:laughing:
You can do that?