ice cream facst
(12-12-2010, 11:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:
(12-12-2010, 11:12 PM)icecream Wrote: Guinness Stout Ice Cream* [yuck!]

You know, for years I kept threatening to try a "Beer Float" -- root beer floats are good, why not a beer float? So one night, when I was having dinner with some friends and we ordered ice cream for dessert, and I still had some of my beer left, they dared me to try it. So I did. Not so good. The ice cream survived OK, but it ruined the beer. But maybe it just wasn't the right kind of beer. Now Guinness, which has a nice creamy head anyway, might be just the thing!

I will keep you posted if I ever dare to try this. I actually have some Guinness in the fridge right now, but the only ice cream I have is Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio and Haagen Dazs Pineapple Coconut, and something tells me neither of those flavors is going to work -- it has to be vanilla. Stay tuned...
Chocolate works with the right beer as well.  But no, you probably don't want to use pistachio... then again with the right beer it could work...

Anyway, this is the second thread this came up in, and in the first I relayed my discovery that a good dark beer can go quite well with ice cream:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33347934
I picked up a pint of bailey's and cream with spoons for my friends and me. I'll give my review soon.
(12-18-2010, 07:05 PM)spera Wrote: I picked up a pint of bailey's and cream with spoons for my friends and I. I'll give my review soon.

orshould it be, "and me"?
looking forward to review btw!
;) You're so right about that!
i cant believe i crrectly corrected someone on their grammar  :o
I don't even bother trying to correct anyone on anything - even if I'm sure I'm right, there will be some exception to the rule I don't know about !  :laughing:
;D

i dont normally correct people either, because i always assume people know more about rules of grammar
Bailey's and Cream Review

+1 real vanilla bean bits
+1 rich and creamy
+1 easy to scoop
+1 satisfying enough to be shared with two others/good enough to eat all by myself

-1 Not really enough flavour of Bailey's. In fact, I might pour some Bailey's on top of this and drink as a breakfast smoothie, as my birthday is this week.

Voila!
(12-20-2010, 12:04 AM)spera Wrote: Bailey's and Cream Review

+1 real vanilla bean bits
+1 rich and creamy
+1 easy to scoop
+1 satisfying enough to be shared with two others/good enough to eat all by myself

-1 Not really enough flavour of Bailey's. In fact, I might pour some Bailey's on top of this and drink as a breakfast smoothie, as my birthday is this week.

Voila!

:thumb: