The Great Majority Are Liberal: Predictions of Cardinalatial Appointments
A Vaticanist has published a list of the new Cardinals who will be named next week. The Pope continues the tragic tradition: talk Catholic and appoint old Liberals.

[kreuz.net, Vatican] Next Wednesday the Pope will hold a Consistory to reveal the names of new Cardinals.

This is from Vaticanist of the Italian News 'Il Foglio', Paulo Rodari.

The Consistory will be prepared for the feast of Christ the King on the 20th and 21st of November.

There should be more Prelates above 80 among the future Cardinals. They are not able to vote in the next Conclave.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...tions.html
lol.

why would the Vicar choose these men. 

whatever.  let's watch the world burn.
Same ol' same.
(10-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Same ol' same.

It's definitely a sad situation. Pope Benedict XVI confuses me a lot. I still can't decide whose side he's on.
(10-15-2010, 11:13 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote:

It's definitely a sad situation. Pope Benedict XVI confuses me a lot. I still can't decide whose side he's on.

He's "liturgically conservative", nothing more, but I won't bother you with the details. You'll figure things out.

Just don't get your hopes high.
(10-15-2010, 11:15 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

He's "liturgically conservative", nothing more, but I won't bother you with the details. You'll figure things out.

This is almost the same as what goes on in the Episcopal Church.  You get alot of "High Church" liturgical preferences from both clergy and laity and yet when it comes to doctrine and ecclesiastical law it's every man's show.  I attended an Episcopal Solemn High Pontifical "Mass"  with all of the smells, bells, vestments, Latin, etc. presided and offered by a female bishop in full pontifical regalia, a female deacon complete in dalmatic and stole and a female sub-deacon dressed in a full tunicle.  I remember her sermon being about the oppression of women in the church hierarchy and her support of a woman's free choice when it comes to reproductive freedom. 

This is a prime example of a wolf in sheep's clothing (literally) and this is exactly what's going on in the NO right now.  Liberal bishops and priests will see that they can attract traditional minded laity with the TLM and the high church liturgy which comes with it, but their doctrine is as liberal as any Lutheran or Episcopal church.

Being a traditional catholic involves alot more than fiddleback vestments, pretty smelling incense and traditional latin masses.  Doctrine and fidelity to Catholic teaching and dogma (before Vat II) is vital.  The NO and traditional Catholicism are completely different religions.  You can't mix the two - it's like mixing oil and water - It just doesn't happen.
If this is accurate, and Rodari usually is, at least Archbishop Nichols isn't going to get a hat... that's something, and that ++Burke is getting his.  Looked like there were at least one or two Catholics on the list.  Under JP2, there would have been none.

That ++Wuerl appointment is disturbing too.  (See Rite of Sodomy...)  They should have fired him years ago...
(10-15-2010, 11:15 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

I'd be interested in hearing more, if it wouldn't be too much bother for you.
Joseph Ratzinger is a walking contradiction. His whole life has been a contradiction. Having read his biography, studied his life, and theology,  I have a pretty clear grasp of him.

He is no solid traditionalist, nor is he a savior. He is a mix of traditionalism and Modernism. He is a liturgical traditionalist and progressive on doctrine. He is not the traditionalist that many continue to hope for, nor is he the all out Modernist like his past friends of Rahner, De Lubac, Kung, or Congers. Pope Benedict is Hegelian in his outlook and philosophy. Hegel took the thesis, anti-thesis, and made of synthesis of both. Benedict wants the same. He wants a synthesis of the thesis, Tradition, and the anti-thesis, Modernism. He wants to mix Modernism and Tradition, hence his "hermeneutic of continuity" and the "reform of the reform" .

To understand Pope Benedict better, John Vennari has the following 30 minute archived interview from the Voice of Catholic Radio, in which  Vennari discusses his talk titled "Oath Against Modernism  vs. the Hermeneutic of Continuity" about Benedict's outlook:

http://www.cfnews.org/WALK-081012-vennar...-35min.mp3
Well, at least Pope Benedict recognizes there is a crisis in the Church, unlike his predecessor....
He is obviously very far from the doctrinal teachings of Pope St. Pius X and Pius XII, but I guess it is a start.

As a noted Bishop of the SSPX had once mentioned, "he has a good heart and it's in the right place, but his mind is shot."