The Great Majority Are Liberal: Predictions of Cardinalatial Appointments
(10-15-2010, 01:27 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: If this is accurate, and Rodari usually is, at least Archbishop Nichols isn't going to get a hat... that's something, and that ++Burke is getting his.  Looked like there were at least one or two Catholics on the list.  Under JP2, there would have been none.

That ++Wuerl appointment is disturbing too.  (See Rite of Sodomy...)  They should have fired him years ago...

I would not count on it, ++Cormac has made a true enemy of Pope Benedict XVI. For one thing none of his recommendations over the last two years have been approved by the Holy Father not only that but anybody that has been recommended by the the former Archbishop has been deemed radio active by the Roman Curia.

I would not be surprised at all to see Nichols get a red hat, plus he is a vast improvement over Cormac and let us not forget that the current Archbishop is fighting the Magic Circle, the man needs a red hat.

++Wuerl is one of those guys that gets promoted OUT of places so yes he will be getting the red hat but will get a job as a curator of something rather than real authority.

Also most of the liberals that are supposed to become Cardinals will never vote on the next conclave. Its all very political and strategic but when you deal with Rome, when isn't it? Besides just like always it is the Holy Spirit who is in charge.

Also I tend to disagree with a couple that are being called "liberals" like Koch and Piacenza.

Marx wont get it either.
Not that I support most of these "candidates", but in reality, when most of the Archbishopric is liberal, what can you expect.  If we were to get rid of all the liberal Cardinals and disqualify all the liberla Archbishops, the College of Cardinals would basically cease to exist.  Perhaps that not a terrible thing for the time being.

Blessings,
:pray:
Steve
(10-15-2010, 08:03 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 01:27 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: If this is accurate, and Rodari usually is, at least Archbishop Nichols isn't going to get a hat... that's something, and that ++Burke is getting his.  Looked like there were at least one or two Catholics on the list.  Under JP2, there would have been none.

That ++Wuerl appointment is disturbing too.  (See Rite of Sodomy...)  They should have fired him years ago...

I would not count on it, ++Cormac has made a true enemy of Pope Benedict XVI. For one thing none of his recommendations over the last two years have been approved by the Holy Father not only that but anybody that has been recommended by the the former Archbishop has been deemed radio active by the Roman Curia.

I would not be surprised at all to see Nichols get a red hat, plus he is a vast improvement over Cormac and let us not forget that the current Archbishop is fighting the Magic Circle, the man needs a red hat.

++Wuerl is one of those guys that gets promoted OUT of places so yes he will be getting the red hat but will get a job as a curator of something rather than real authority.

Also most of the liberals that are supposed to become Cardinals will never vote on the next conclave. Its all very political and strategic but when you deal with Rome, when isn't it? Besides just like always it is the Holy Spirit who is in charge.

Also I tend to disagree with a couple that are being called "liberals" like Koch and Piacenza.

Marx wont get it either.

Koch is definitely a liberal and Piacenza is a neo-con according to kreuz.net. 
(10-15-2010, 11:13 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote:
(10-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Same ol' same.

It's definitely a sad situation. Pope Benedict XVI confuses me a lot. I still can't decide whose side he's on.

Indeed.

It's definitely a sad situation. Pope Benedict XVI confuses me a lot. I still can't decide whose side he's on.

That's exactly how the Modernists operate. (I'm not saying he's a de facto Modernist, but it is consistent with the Modernist modus operandi. At the least, he has been strongly influenced by them.)

The Arians were the same way.
(10-15-2010, 09:44 PM)INPEFESS Wrote:

That's exactly how Modernism operates. (I'm not saying he's a Modernist, but it is consistent with the Modernist modus operandi. At the least, he has been strongly influenced by it.)

The Arians were the same way.

There are a lot of Catholics who could potentially become traditionalists, but Modernism is so pervasive that, in the minds of the Catholic world, it is Catholicism.  The only way out of this crisis is a study of history.
Did you ever meditated in the fact, that at the event described in Gal 2:11-15
Gal 2:[11] But when Cephas was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. [12]  For before that some came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them who were of the circumcision. [13] And to his dissimulation the rest of the Jews consented, so that Barnabas also was led by them into that dissimulation. [14]  But when I saw that they walked not uprightly unto the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all: If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of the Gentiles, and not as the Jews do, how dost thou compel the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? [15] We by nature are Jews, and not of the Gentiles sinners.

Peter represented the tradition. Moses gave the Law as tradition, and Jesus also said:

Matt 5:[17] Do not think that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill. [18] For amen I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot, or one tittle shall not pass of the law, till all be fulfilled. [19]  He therefore that shall break one of these least commandments, and shall so teach men, shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven. But he that shall do and teach, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Paul wanted him to eat with the gentiles, and to break the law given by the tradition (Moses) and kept up by the ruler: Our Lord Jesus Christ

There are bishops whom the pope with the authority of Christ chose to be cardinals, the electors of the next pope, and you with the authority of no one but your own label modernist. Is it not the Satan who makes you believe that you are right:

Gen 3:5 ... and you shall be as Gods, knowing good and evil
Does the Pope even exercise a lot of personal decision-making in the matter of creating cardinals? I figured that cardinals' hats are the hierarchy's way of giving a good ol' boy-type bishop (that is, one that doesn't stir up trouble and has rendered a lot of favours) a pat on the back. And then, of course, some bishops are bound to receive red hats by default because they shepherd large or politically significant cities. Then the Pope nods and signs on the dotted line.
(10-16-2010, 01:06 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: Does the Pope even exercise a lot of personal decision-making in the matter of creating cardinals? I figured that cardinals' hats are the hierarchy's way of giving a good ol' boy-type bishop (that is, one that doesn't stir up trouble and has rendered a lot of favours) a pat on the back. And then, of course, some bishops are bound to receive red hats by default because they shepherd large or politically significant cities. Then the Pope nods and signs on the dotted line.

I suspect this is the case, I mean, you only have to look at the lists of Bishops for certain dicoese's and the list of heads of variosu curial congregations to see that certain posts basically guarantee the red hat.  This is in part what makes it relatively easy to predict who is going to get a red hat with a fair degree of certainty.  Sadly, I suspect the actual merits of the individual Bishops has baiscally nothing to do with it.

Just my thoughts, anyway.

Blessings,
:pray:
Steve
Anyone who knows anything, knows that the things that make for a healthy diocese isn't the 'we are church' agenda, or even the facade of neo-conservativism...