Beatification of John Paul II coming next year?
(10-18-2010, 01:01 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: OK, so Petertherock and Vetus Ordo, you seem to be suggesting that Pope John Paul II was a heretic, which to my understanding, is the basic argument of the sedevacantist position... that a heretic can't be Pope and therefore the sede is vacante. Isn't such talk against forum rules, in the sense that promoting the suggestion that JPII was a heretic leads to the promotion of SV?

There are different kinds of heresy not all of which would cause a Pope to lose the See of Rome.  On top of that, heresy is an erroneous belief held contrary to what the Church teaches, not an action.  An action is only smoke to where there may be fire.  To determine if an illicit act is rooted in heresy requires inquiry to the internal forum.

All of those pics of JP2 are disturbing, and some look pretty clearly like sinful acts, but sinful acts don't make a person an heretic or a schismatic.  Only what they believe makes them that.
(10-18-2010, 08:52 AM)ggreg Wrote: Cheer up Baskerville, it may never happen.  "

Yeah besides if it does I like you would probably never become a real SV I'd probably just get really confused as to how a Person like JPII  can be a saint alongside say Padre Pio.
The ecumenism is disturbing.  I would fully support these situations if JP2 was meeting with those folks to discuss apologetics to get them to come back/convert to the one true faith.  We have seen that often this was not and today is not the case.  Saying that buddhism, hinduism, etc are paths to salvation is a purely heretical statement I think we all know that.  Plus actions can and do speak louder.
(10-18-2010, 08:28 PM)TraceG Wrote: The ecumenism is disturbing.  I would fully support these situations if JP2 was meeting with those folks to discuss apologetics to get them to come back/convert to the one true faith.  We have seen that often this was not and today is not the case.  Saying that buddhism, hinduism, etc are paths to salvation is a purely heretical statement I think we all know that.  Plus actions can and do speak louder.

WHAT he is the GREAT when he blows his nose he makes an infallible statement how dare you say these things he is the best Pope ever.  :bubbles: