So I have six squares of unsweetened baking chocolate.
Does anyone have any good recipes so that I can use them up?  Any skill level is fine, but I'd prefer to keep the cost down.
This involves buying more chocolate but it's so worth it.

Ultimate Fudgy Brownies

5 oz bitter or semisweet chocolate, chopped (chips work)
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
8 oz  [1 stick] butter, cut into pieces (unsalted is preferable)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/4 c sugar
3 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 c flour

Oven 350. Line 8-inch square pan with foil and oil. Melt chocolates, butter, and cocoa, stirring oven. (You can use a microwave.) Let cool slightly.

Whisk sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt in large bowl until combined. Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture until smooth. Stir in flour until no streaks remain.

Scrape batter into pan and smooth top. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 35 to 40 minutes. (It always seems to take longer.)

Let cool completely on wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours, before removing brownies from the pan. Cut into (small; they're rich!) squares.

From the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. Best cookbook evar.
Don't forget to send samples to me and Dei for testing.  ;)
(10-17-2010, 05:56 AM)Spooky Wrote: Don't forget to send samples to me and Dei for testing.  ;)

I'll take a sample, too.  :)
(10-17-2010, 05:56 AM)Spooky Wrote: Don't forget to send samples to me and Dei for testing.  ;)
Large samples... :P
If you have a half-pint of whipping cream, an egg yolk, some powdered sugar, and a cup of strong coffee, you can make a superb chocolate mousse.

Perhaps you should tell us what other ingredients you have in your pantry and whether or not you're willing to go grocery shopping.
(10-17-2010, 12:00 PM)Satori Wrote: If you have a half-pint of whipping cream, an egg yolk, some powdered sugar, and a cup of strong coffee, you can make a superb chocolate mousse.

Perhaps you should tell us what other ingredients you have in your pantry and whether or not you're willing to go grocery shopping.

I thought I had six, but actually it's four squares.  I bought the chocolate to make brownies from scratch for the parish festival and the recipe called for two squares, so I forgot that I had made two batches and used four squares.

I am willing to go shopping, but I don't want to have to buy expensive or exotic ingredients.
Why would you dilute that chocolatey goodness by mixing it with other things?  Eat that stuff just the way it is.
(10-17-2010, 05:26 PM)cgraye Wrote: Why would you dilute that chocolatey goodness by mixing it with other things?  Eat that stuff just the way it is.

He said it was unsweetened. Eeeww.

However, he could use it in a mole.
Here's a recipe for you that is easy, delicious, and doesn't require expensive or unusual ingredients. I'm assuming your squares of baking chocolate are two ounces each, so you should have more than enough for this recipe. With what's left, you can bake another batch of brownies!

Chocolate Mousse

5 oz. semisweet chocolate (you said yours was unsweetened, so I'd say just add a little more sugar and taste it till it is as sweet as you want it)
3 Tbs. powdered sugar
4 and 1/2 Tbs. strong coffee
2 egg yolks
2 cups whipping cream (sorry, I originally thought it was only half a pint)
optional: cinnamon

Melt chocolate over low heat in a saucepan. Stir in sugar, coffee and yolks -- stir until smooth. Remove from heat and cool at room temperature. Whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Gently blend whipped cream and chocolate mixture. Spoon into serving bowls, top with cinnamon (if you wish) and chill. Makes 6-8 servings.

I'm impressed with you for making scratch brownies!