Was Jesus perfect in his human deeds?
(10-21-2010, 09:00 PM)SoCalLocal Wrote:
(10-17-2010, 06:13 PM)justlurking Wrote: If Jesus had played darts Would he always hit the exact center of the dartboard?

I begun to think about this after reading about the languages Jesus spoke, (aramaic, hebrew, and perhaps greek and some latin) I always thought Jesus knew all languages that have ever existed, exist or will exist since he is all powerful all knowing God.
I kinda doubt it. He was fully human - which means making mistakes. And the Bible says he was like us in all things except sin. Everyone makes arithmetic errors, for instance. And typos.

The scholastic theologians all reject this.  As sin is the disorder of the will so error is the disorder of the intellect.  Christ was fully man in all ways except in deficiency.  It is not fitting for the Teacher to be taught.  St. Thomas speaks of this in the section of the Summa dealing with the knowledge of Christ and it has been reinforced by the Neo-Scholastics.  As I mentioned before, there are basically only two schools of thought.  This one and the modern one.

With few exceptions, this wasn't the sort of thing the Patristics were concerned with.  They were too busy laying down foundational Christology.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Was Jesus perfect in his human deeds? - by Walty - 10-22-2010, 04:59 PM