Your ideal Martini
So, what's your ideal Martini? No... I don't mean "served in to me in a hot tub by Natalie Portman". I'm talking composition. Since I like a slightly unorthodox Martini myself, we'll go ahead and say that all those variations (appletinis, etc.) actually count as Martinis.

Mine is  2:1 Grey Goose (or Finlandia) and vermouth (no special favorite), shaken, with 3 olives.
I just fancy a regular martini rosso with ice and a slice of lemon.
(10-21-2010, 08:33 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I just fancy a regular martini rosso with ice and a slice of lemon.

I agree thats how I have mine. But served in a hot tub by Monica Bellucci.
Vodka martinis are Novus Ordo Martinae.  A banal, on the spot creation.
Lychee martini.  Yes, it's trendy, sweet, and girly...so shoot me.

Gin makes me super sick...like one sip and I'm ill, so I'm vodka only.  :)
(10-21-2010, 11:25 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Vodka martinis are Novus Ordo Martinae.  A banal, on the spot creation.

But shaken, not stirred.
I've never had one.  I asked for one at the pub but they didn't have any vermouth.  If alcohol was a religion, they'd be excommunicated.
(10-21-2010, 11:25 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Vodka martinis are Novus Ordo Martinae.  A banal, on the spot creation.

If that were true, James Bond would have nothing to do with them. HA! Game, set, match.
4 Parts Bombay Sapphire Gin
1 Part Dry Vermouth
Shaken, not stirred
Add 2-3 olives
I don't know from Martinis... I prefer a glass of red wine.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton