Your ideal Martini
(10-22-2010, 10:34 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote:
(10-22-2010, 10:32 PM)dark lancer Wrote: All I said was that I'd make a martini with diet ginger ale.  It has gin in it, duh.
That and linked people to AA because they judge people based on their alcohol preferences.  The best reason to judge someone.

And when that happens, it means that they make alcohol the center of their existence.  Problem sighted, cap'n.

Maybe another shot of this might do the trick...

[Image: trollbgone.jpg]
(10-22-2010, 10:37 PM)dark lancer Wrote:
(10-22-2010, 10:34 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote:
(10-22-2010, 10:32 PM)dark lancer Wrote: All I said was that I'd make a martini with diet ginger ale.  It has gin in it, duh.
That and linked people to AA because they judge people based on their alcohol preferences.  The best reason to judge someone.

And when that happens, it means that they make alcohol the center of their existence.  Problem sighted, cap'n.

AA is a great place to pick up chicks and go have a smoke.
(10-22-2010, 10:29 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: let's not get puritan here. 

When we get a trad Pope, can he please make everybody take an Oath Against Puritanism? Then we can all sit back, pop in a DVD of Conan the Barbarian and sip our martinis of choice.

Incidentally... what is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
(10-23-2010, 12:23 AM)Texican Wrote: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

:cheers:
(10-23-2010, 12:23 AM)Texican Wrote: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Excellent!
Ketel One martini straight up, slightly dirty.  Olives galore (I only like them when I'm drinking).

Alas, I haven't had a martini in over a year...I'm a whiskey fan...speaking of which...after spending a bit getting used to drinking whiskey (Jameson or blended scotch, after having started on Canadian) I graduated to drinking single malt - boy is it good!  My first glass was some Macallan on the rocks and it was quite the beverage!
(10-26-2010, 12:08 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Ketel One martini straight up, slightly dirty.  Olives galore (I only like them when I'm drinking).

Alas, I haven't had a martini in over a year...I'm a whiskey fan...speaking of which...after spending a bit getting used to drinking whiskey (Jameson or blended scotch, after having started on Canadian) I graduated to drinking single malt - boy is it good!  My first glass was some Macallan on the rocks and it was quite the beverage!

Hey, thanks for reminding me that I still had a nip of Scotch whisky down in the cupboard! I'm thus finishing off an old bottle of The BenRiach 12 year (well, 13 now!) that I was letting sit. The BenRiach 12 year is really quite good. It's gold in color, and fragrant in the nose with honey and vanilla. The palate is creamy vanilla and spice. It's really quite pleasant.

But I cannot afford to drink too much single malt! Thus the Martini thread... I can handle a bottle of Finlandia or Grey Goose. A bottle of a good single malt is a bit more of an investment.