Bishop Monroe Attacked
Bishop Monroe married my parents ,baptized me and married my wife and I. Please pray for him.

The head of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Kamloops was violently attacked in his home Friday night by a man possibly suffering from religious delusions, RCMP said Saturday.

The 30 year-old alleged attacker is now in custody facing proposed charges of aggravated assault as bishop David Monroe, 69, remains in hospital with serious head and body injuries, including several lacerations, said Sgt. Scott Wilson of the Kamloops RCMP.

The incident took place just after 10 p.m. when the suspect broke into the rectory, which is adjacent to the Sacred Heart Cathedral in downtown Kamloops.

When Monroe was attacked Priest Vincent Asomugha, who was in the rectory at the time, tried to come to the Bishop's assistance but fell and injured his shoulder. The attacker fled the scene before police arrived, Wilson said.

Wilson said Kamloops RCMP undertook an intensive search operation for the suspect including use of the air support and the canine units. The man was found at 1 a.m. about five kilometres away in North Kamloops at the G and M Trailer Park hiding in his father's shed.

Police were able to get a modest description of the attacker after linking the attack to another incident at the Royal Inland Hospital, just two blocks away from the church.

At about 8:30 p.m. a man believed to be the suspect was reported to have broken a hospital window and fled after his family admitted him due to concern over his well being.

"He may have had some delusions about religion," stated Wilson.

"Through the course of the investigation we were able to connect the dots," he added.

There is nothing to believe that the attacker knew Monroe before the attack and no motive has been concluded, Wilson said.

Wilson said Monroe was attacked with a weapon believed to have originated from the Bishop's home. He would not reveal what that weapon was.
:pray:

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Kamloop...z13FWW0MFO
Hmm.  Sad story.  There are certain groups who have histories attacking priests in their homes.  Let's hope this isn't something tied to that.
The Bishop is recovering , Thank you for your prayers
:)
:pray2:
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton