Jewish prayer shawl update and trads are antisimetic
So I went to the NO Church today to see if the Priest would mention the Priest that wore the prayer shawl and here's what he said in his homily.(for those of you who attend the real Mass todays Conciliar Church reading was the parable of the pharisee and tax collector)

"Priest":  "Its providential that today we hear of the Pharisee and Tax collector. It has come to my attention that we have some pharisees in this Parish. Fr Drummond celebrated Mass last week and some took offense at his wearing of a prayer shawl the very type of shawl Jesus wore. It seems to me that many of them pointed their fingers and said thank god I am not as him. To take offense at this is not just being like the pharisee but antisemitic. And if antisemitism is what you want we have a Latin Mass just 20 minutes out of town where you would be welcomed. Then he went on to talk about not welcoming the migrant worker and denying women and gays ordination makes people like the pharisee. ???

I got up and left after that then went up Rattlesnake creek with my brother skeet shooting pretending the discs were the "Priests" head.
Wow.

I haven't been near a NO church in years - didn't realise it was so overtly bad.

Did he provide any evidence for the """antisemitism""", or does he just not like us?

Sounds like a jewbag with a biretta to me.  What's his favourite hymn - Oy vey Maria ??
And this priest is in official 'union' with Rome!
Give me a break.
How much longer must we endure thse modernist heretics?
"Then he went on to talk about not welcoming the migrant worker and denying women and gays ordination makes people like the pharisee. "

I go to an NO parish and if our priest said that the whole congregation ( well maybe 50%) would walk out. Comparing not welcoming the migrant worker with womens and gays ordination is the half truth that gains traction. Mix a truth with a lie  ( or a heresy) and you are on your way down the slippery slope. 

(10-24-2010, 08:21 PM)Baskerville Wrote: So I went to the NO Church today to see if the Priest would mention the Priest that wore the prayer shawl and here's what he said in his homily.(for those of you who attend the real Mass todays Conciliar Church reading was the parable of the pharisee and tax collector)

"Priest":  "Its providential that today we hear of the Pharisee and Tax collector. It has come to my attention that we have some pharisees in this Parish. Fr Drummond celebrated Mass last week and some took offense at his wearing of a prayer shawl the very type of shawl Jesus wore. It seems to me that many of them pointed their fingers and said thank god I am not as him. To take offense at this is not just being like the pharisee but antisemitic. And if antisemitism is what you want we have a Latin Mass just 20 minutes out of town where you would be welcomed. Then he went on to talk about not welcoming the migrant worker and denying women and gays ordination makes people like the pharisee. ???

I got up and left after that then went up Rattlesnake creek with my brother skeet shooting pretending the discs were the "Priests" head.

If the TLM is only 20 minutes away, why d didn't you go to that? I'd avoid the NO whenever possible.
(10-24-2010, 09:29 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(10-24-2010, 08:21 PM)Baskerville Wrote: So I went to the NO Church today to see if the Priest would mention the Priest that wore the prayer shawl and here's what he said in his homily.(for those of you who attend the real Mass todays Conciliar Church reading was the parable of the pharisee and tax collector)

If the TLM is only 20 minutes away, why d didn't you go to that? I'd avoid the NO whenever possible.

Last Sunday I had to go to the NO with my Grandma and Mom and this joker did the prayer shawl thing. I went back this Sunday to see what he would do because I know a lot of people were upset. The TLM he is talking about is a Diocesan "approved" one I went there twice they receive communion standing up and in the paw. I go to an SSPV Mass normaly which is only ten minutes away. If it wasnt for this Prayer shawl thing I wouldnt have gone to either I normaly dont flirt with anything conciliar NO or Diocesan approved TLM.
(10-24-2010, 09:26 PM)Hohepa Wrote: "Then he went on to talk about not welcoming the migrant worker and denying women and gays ordination makes people like the pharisee. "

I go to an NO parish and if our priest said that the whole congregation ( well maybe 50%) would walk out. Comparing not welcoming the migrant worker with womens and gays ordination is the half truth that gains traction. Mix a truth with a lie  ( or a heresy) and you are on your way down the slippery slope. 

Were very cafeteria Catholic around here most of the NOer's around her are CINO's and agreed with the Priest he is one of the most popular Priests in town. I saw him once in the organic food store wearing an Obama T Shirt.
(10-24-2010, 09:26 PM)Hohepa Wrote: "Then he went on to talk about not welcoming the migrant worker and denying women and gays ordination makes people like the pharisee. "

I go to an NO parish and if our priest said that the whole congregation ( well maybe 50%) would walk out. Comparing not welcoming the migrant worker with women's and gays ordination is the half truth that gains traction. Mix a truth with a lie  ( or a heresy) and you are on your way down the slippery slope. 

Should you walk out or put up a fight like saying "YOU LIE" and then proceeding to contradict  him
(10-24-2010, 10:12 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(10-24-2010, 09:29 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:

Last Sunday I had to go to the NO with my Grandma and Mom and this joker did the prayer shawl thing. I went back this Sunday to see what he would do because I know a lot of people were upset. The TLM he is talking about is a Diocesan "approved" one I went there twice they receive communion standing up and in the paw. I go to an SSPV Mass normaly which is only ten minutes away. If it wasnt for this Prayer shawl thing I wouldnt have gone to either I normaly dont flirt with anything conciliar NO or Diocesan approved TLM.

How does a diocesan TLM have Communion in the hand? There's no mixing and matching the forms.
Baskerville, are you going to report the issue to the Bishop or to Rome?