Catholic bloggers aim to purge dissenters
(10-25-2010, 09:13 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Lately I have considered the possibility that many young fallen-away Catholics who left because of some grievance with the Vatican could easily become a trad Catholic if the right people spoke to them.

Go ahead then, do it.
One paradox about Catholic blogdom is that the late Victorian popes might well have been horrified to see thousands of laypeople spouting their thoughts on papal encyclicals and canon law for the whole world to see... even if they're all orthodox. Lay Catholics in the old days just didn't usually concern themselves with this stuff. Arguably, Vatican II is the thing that made Catholic blogdom, even trad blogdom, a possibility.
Yes, that's the point I was making earlier - there is no imprimatur on a blog.  Most of us know what the problem is, but there are 100 different versions of the solution.  This is the sort of mess that only God (presumably through another Pius X) will be able to sort out.  People ought to spend less time on their soapbox and more time on their knees.  Gee, that was a good line - I just made that up.  ;D

Before someone makes the point - this forum is more of an amusement than an attempt to solve the world's problems.  And I doubt an imprimatur is required for anything posted on here - it's more like an argument in a pub than anything with the pretence of authority.
(10-25-2010, 09:14 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(10-25-2010, 09:13 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Lately I have considered the possibility that many young fallen-away Catholics who left because of some grievance with the Vatican could easily become a trad Catholic if the right people spoke to them.

Go ahead then, do it.

He said if the right people spoke to them.
(10-26-2010, 02:01 AM)Spooky Wrote:

Go ahead then, do it.

:fish:
???

Well, I like you, dark lancer - for what that's worth.  ;D
(10-26-2010, 02:16 AM)paragon Wrote: ???

Well, I like you, dark lancer - for what that's worth.   ;D

That brings the count up to two...
n/m it's my own observation and doesn't need to be shared.

Go ahead then, do it.

Implying, perhaps, that he knows the right way to talk to people.  I'm all for the right people, whoever these imaginary entities are, talking to the other right people.
(10-26-2010, 02:18 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:

Go ahead then, do it.

Implying, perhaps, that he knows the right way to talk to people.  I'm all for the right people, whoever these imaginary entities are, talking to the other right people.

Lol, I'm sure he does. Just look at his avatar motto. That, I'm sure, is the epitome of the "right way" of the "right people" to talk to fallen away Catholics.

Seriously though, you can lead a horse to water... Once people reject grace and reject it often enough, the right people can't do anything but anger them even more no matter how good the right people are. Our Lord Himself wasn't even the "right people" for many in His lifetime.