Poll: Would you support a new Inquisition?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A New Inquisition?
Credo Wrote:This reached a high point about six weeks ago where I was on the verge of tears and disgusted at Catholicism after reading what my coreligionists on this site were saying about me and others they disagreed with.

(Emphasis mine)

Credo, if a handful of anonymous internet posters is all that it took to foment "disgust" towards your holy, Catholic faith then this message board is the absolute least of your problems. I agree to an extent that you have been lampooned a bit too much for charity's sake, but the vast majority of your conflicts with posters here were nowhere near unprovoked, Credo.

You're an eristical person who feels the need to campaign for your version of a more sober Catholicism and any opposition you encounter is chalked up to martyr brownie-points of an ongoing persecution. You are neither a victim nor are you a child. You are an adult and a Catholic one at that. If this forum is proving to be dangerous to your faith then please leave and don't even cop a sneak.
First of all I am not claiming the bastard NO is not valid
I'm sure some are. I'm claiming and this is not just me as the Holy ABL said so as well and the last 40 years of this outrage has only  confirmed it. The NO is a bastard! It's a chemera a half breed of peotstant and some left overs of the true mass. This is not catholic. This is not just about the smells  and bells it's about the mass. It's theology it's purpose it's reason
the NO is far more prod then catholic such has been the revolution
orthodox masses are valid
a black mass could be valid
validity is not the only creteria on what makes a mass catholic

(10-27-2010, 11:03 AM)Credo Wrote: This reached a high point about six weeks ago where I was on the verge of tears and disgusted at Catholicism after reading what my coreligionists on this site were saying about me and others they disagreed with. ...
As Christohper Hitchens has said, religion makes morally normal people think unspeakable things. Though I do still monitor FishEaters, this soon will be ending. Judging by the above comment, people are not content to merely mock and belittle current posters, but also those who have left. “See how they love one another,” indeed.

Credo,
You know I've always liked reading your posts, especially about the Divine Office and other such things.  You bring a unique view to table, which is not a bad thing.  And, I would not have an interest in the Divine Office had I not seen your posts.

That said, the highlighted disturb me.  I know you're smart, I know you're capable of higher thought.

For your sake, please find a good traditionalist priest, and meet with him regularly.  There is very little to be gained from Christopher Hitchens.  He is a vile, evil man, who speaks and spreads horrible thoughts and blasphemies.  How you can admire someone like this is beyond me.  
(10-27-2010, 11:08 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: First of all I am not claiming the bastard NO is not valid
I'm sure some are. I'm claiming and this is not just me as the Holy ABL said so as well and the last 40 years of this outrage has only  confirmed it. The NO is a bastard! It's a chemera a half breed of peotstant and some left overs of the true mass. This is not catholic. This is not just about the smells  and bells it's about the mass. It's theology it's purpose it's reason

devoted knucles.
ok. i know your not claiming the NO is invalid (when done properly). but i just disagree with you when you go 1) it being non-ideal compared to the TLM to 2) concluding that it is bastard.

i agree the liturgical reforms have been an unmitigated disaster for the Church. in practice that is. but when speaking of the NO, you got to look at it in itself. is it a bastard where it is done by the books and so reverently? many priests - and catholics generally - who take the Mass seriously don't all reject the NO wholesale. they'll work with it when they have no choice, do it properly, and await for such a time when Divine Providence will allow for Church authority to make the missal more ideal. cardinal ratzinger once said you'd be hard pressed to find a difference between a solemn NO and TLM; I don't know if I'd go that far (esp for those very familiar with rubrics), but he's got a point.

btw I don't expect to convince you on an internet forum; im just pointing out another way to look at it.
(10-27-2010, 11:08 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: First of all I am not claiming the *** NO is not valid
I'm sure some are. I'm claiming and this is not just me as the Holy ABL said so as well and the last 40 years of this outrage has only  confirmed it. The NO is a ***! It's a chemera a half breed of peotstant and some left overs of the true mass. This is not catholic. This is not just about the smells  and bells it's about the mass. It's theology it's purpose it's reason

OK, makes sense. I agree that the state of the church is a compelling argument against liturgical reform and theological "renewal". Well hey, I'll keep going to the TLM. I do believe it is so far superior to the TLM. But I ain't ready to let go of the NO - as long as the Pope celebrates it himself... and otherwise I wouldn't be able to attend mass daily. Cheers.
(10-27-2010, 11:31 PM)Lagrange Wrote: cardinal ratzinger once said you'd be hard pressed to find a difference between a solemn NO and TLM; I don't know if I'd go that far (esp for those very familiar with rubrics), but he's got a point.

I hate to butt in here but I have seen Mass said reverently, solemnly, according to the Rubrics and even in Latin facing the Altar and it aint No TLM. Heck I watch the Vatican Christmas eve Mass and you dont get much more reverent of a celebrant then Pope Benedict and it still is not as Catholic seeming as my LOW TLM I attend. I will say that not all NO Masses are invalid but there is something missing ya know what I mean? The new Mass is like a readers digest condensed book. I also have done lots of research into Lutheranism as half my family is Lutheran and what I have come up with is what the V II reformers attemted wa to make the Mass as Lutheran as possible. I have even had a Lutheran friend tell me that he would have no problem celebrating Eucharistic prayer two, which is the most widely used. Plus there's the whole Freemason thing with the man who cooked up the Mass and to be honest it just feels weird going to a NO like something is wrong.
I get dibs on McBrien!

But if someone beat me to it, I'll just head over to a jesuit seminary or college and grab whatever I can find. 

(10-27-2010, 11:42 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(10-27-2010, 11:31 PM)Lagrange Wrote: cardinal ratzinger once said you'd be hard pressed to find a difference between a solemn NO and TLM; I don't know if I'd go that far (esp for those very familiar with rubrics), but he's got a point.

I hate to butt in here but I have seen Mass said reverently, solemnly, according to the Rubrics and even in Latin facing the Altar and it aint No TLM. Heck I watch the Vatican Christmas eve Mass and you dont get much more reverent of a celebrant then Pope Benedict and it still is not as Catholic seeming as my LOW TLM I attend. I will say that not all NO Masses are invalid but there is something missing ya know what I mean? The new Mass is like a readers digest condensed book.

Hi Baskerville - I've seen reverent NO in Latin and have been to three low mass TLM's so far. For you, how does the Christmas Eve mass seem less Catholic than a low mass TLM? Just curious on the elements you find most strikingly different.
For a taste of the horror of burning at the stake, see:

http://www.amazon.com/Passion-Joan-Criterion-Collection-Spine/dp/0780022343/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288239976&sr=8-1

Here:

Credo Wrote:As Christohper Hitchens has said, religion makes morally normal people think unspeakable things. Though I do still monitor FishEaters, this soon will be ending. Judging by the above comment, people are not content to merely mock and belittle current posters, but also those who have left. “See how they love one another,” indeed.

Wow. Credo must have gone back and deleted this post as I can't seem to find it on this thread.

If you did in fact write that, Credo, then you are are surely lost, friend. Are you still a Catholic?

:pray: