Poll: Would you support a new Inquisition?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A New Inquisition?
OHCA you're out of your tiny little mind. I'm not Protestant, and don't even talk about my family. You know nothing useful, you're just a self-important little twerp. You wouldn't know the truth if it fell out of the sky and crushed your head.
(10-26-2010, 08:37 PM)paragon Wrote: ???

Curious, why not ?

She's too nice. Love ya Lisa. :)
(10-26-2010, 07:48 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: As for burnings at the stake, I personally dislike them. I think it's too violent a procedure, although I wouldn't rule out capital punishment for notorious heretics.

Well there were two ways of doing it one the way I would roast Mahony which was just having dry wood which would make the heretic actually burn the other was more "humane" the officials would take wet would which would smolder and smoke and the person would die of smoke inhilation and die before actually burning.
(10-26-2010, 10:07 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(10-26-2010, 08:29 PM)Dominion Wrote: Oh I see, you're a couple of funny boys. OHCA, the new fruit, and paragon, some sort of queer? I get it. But somebody will slap the sass out of you dorks sooner or later, and how. It's plain to see why even the other Catholic fanatics think this site is crap. In case you hadn't heard, Fisheaters is a laughingstock.

Sweet we havent had a genuine troll to play with since that Sufi Chick was on a year back or so(unless you count Credo)

I count Credo.
(10-26-2010, 10:47 PM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(10-26-2010, 10:07 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(10-26-2010, 08:29 PM)Dominion Wrote: Oh I see, you're a couple of funny boys. OHCA, the new fruit, and paragon, some sort of queer? I get it. But somebody will slap the sass out of you dorks sooner or later, and how. It's plain to see why even the other Catholic fanatics think this site is crap. In case you hadn't heard, Fisheaters is a laughingstock.

Sweet we havent had a genuine troll to play with since that Sufi Chick was on a year back or so(unless you count Credo)

I count Credo.

:laughing:Your right so do I.
(10-26-2010, 08:23 PM)paragon Wrote: There's always someone who takes the bait.   :laughing:

;)
(10-26-2010, 10:15 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(10-26-2010, 08:37 PM)paragon Wrote: ???

Curious, why not ?

She's too nice. Love ya Lisa. :)

Love you too.. Such a nice way to break 8,000.
voted maybe; cause it'd depend on what we mean by inquisition. of course, some form, that can realistically exist in our times and circumstances 100% support, e.g.: beefing the CDF to tackle renegade clergy, +diocesan machinisms to purge the church of error. obviously, punishment can only be ecclesiastical - censures etc - and not civil. since catholic states do not exist anymore. and even if one did, it'd still be counterproductive to to go to certain extremes -e.g.: burning - it'd cause more problems that it'd solve. thats not to rule out some kind of civil help of a catholic state.

Dominion, get a grip. You do no service to your agenda by the way you criticise people. how is it 'fanatical' to desire the truth about God to reign and for error to be thrown in the trash? the truth of the catholic faith saves. and by the way, I could just as well label you fanatical given the way you've been speaking on this thread. the question isn't whether one is extreme in some way - we all  are - the question is what is the truth.

Lagrange, I'd like to look into that sig quote of yours. Kindly point the way.

Who are these "Catholic fanatics" to whom you refer?  And if the Fisheaters crew is even worse than these "Catholic fanatics" to whom you refer, then please describe the views, etc., of your idea of a "normal" Catholic.  And/or describe what makes us and the fanatics so bad and outside your vision of "normal" Catholics.

Thus far, you have failed to productively contribute to the exchange between us.  I took you to task about what I perceived to be non-Catholic ideas about abortion inferred from your trivializing comments about abortion, and about your apparently hatred-generated comments about "Rome."  Then you attacked me in an ad hominem manner and refused to clarify or back down from your comments.  Then you were apparently further incited by Paragon's seemingly innocuous comment, and you proceeded to further attack both of us in an ad hominem manner and make references implying that Fisheaters are worse than "Catholic fanatics!?!"  Then I questioned you about these "Catholic fanatic" comments and let you know that I expect you think all Catholics are fanatics and that, in light of your comments, you appear to be protestant.  In fact, either here or on CathInfo, you assert something to the effect that you do not believe you are "Roman" Catholic.

I think you have asserted some clearly erroneous concepts, and, as you are not forthcoming with your background, if you even have a background or have it straight in your own mind what it is, I am trying to surmise from whence these confused ideas come.  The ideas to which I refer are your trivializing the horror of abortion, your comments about "Rome," and your apparent view that most or all traditional Catholics are fanatics or worse.

If you are not "Roman" Catholic, and you think Catholics conversing on traditional Catholic forums are fanatics or worse, then please rough out for us what your background/perspective is, and why we are fanatics or what is normal.  And, in keeping some relevancy to this thread, perhaps you can elaborate and clarify your statements apparently equating abortion, the killing of innocent life, with the Inquisitions, FIGHTING--doing BATTLE with--people deemed enemies of and threats to Christendom by Popes!