Poll: Would you support a new Inquisition?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A New Inquisition?
If it was a well run Inquisition, staffed by those faithful to Jesus Christ and possessing a reasonable sense of proportion... sure. Smash those liberals!

Walked into the library of a local Catholic college a while back, and their "banned books" display had some children's book about homosexual dudes raising a kid. What a great subject for a children's book... and being lionized at a Catholic institution. Yeah, we could use an Inquisition. And the cleansing fire they should employ is contained in the words "You're fired!"

We could even get Trump to head it up.
(10-26-2010, 06:11 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(10-26-2010, 05:50 PM)HammerOfHeretics Wrote: as long as it leads to excommunications not deaths.

Why thats what the Holy Inquisition did was cleanse and purify men by fire.Hell Who wouldnt love to See Mahony burning at the stake?

B,

If you're not kidding then your comment is totally out of line.  If you don't see that, then you've been blinded, you need help.
(10-27-2010, 02:30 AM)calicatholic Wrote:
(10-26-2010, 05:50 PM)HammerOfHeretics Wrote: as long as it leads to excommunications not deaths.

Why thats what the Holy Inquisition did was cleanse and purify men by fire.Hell Who wouldnt love to See Mahony burning at the stake?

B,

If you're not kidding then your comment is totally out of line.  If you don't see that, then you've been blinded, you need help.

I got to say I live in California close enough to smell Card. Mahoney's liturgical dancers, however he does have a point an prince of the Church would never be treated in such a way not even in the Middle Ages.

We are all angry at him but such words are out of line.
(10-26-2010, 10:15 PM)Baskerville Wrote:
(10-26-2010, 08:37 PM)paragon Wrote: ???

Curious, why not ?

She's too nice. Love ya Lisa. :)

That's fair enough - I just assumed everyone was a heartless bastard like me.  :laughing:

This is incredibly repulsive. Even if the Church did have burning at the stake in the 21st century I'm pretty sure it'd be sinful to take pleasure ("love") seeing someone die like that. In fact I'd say your descriptions of slowly and painfully killing someone and taking pleasure in it borders on psychopathic.

Besides, the Church never burnt people. The state did because heresy was basically the same as treason. Cardinal Mahoney should be excommunicated, possibly imprisoned or executed if he didn't recant and we lived in a Catholic state.
(10-27-2010, 04:36 AM)Servus_Maria Wrote: Besides, the Church never burnt people. The state did because heresy was basically the same as treason.

Publically proclaimed and disseminated heresy, that is. It was a weird world where you could be an atheist for all intents and purposes, but as long as you didn't print pamphlets about it, no one cared. It's important to remember that the Inquisition was not an Orwellian thought police. Its practical function was to maintain the Catholic Church as the dominant church of the area, not to micromanage individual souls. The only people who really had to worry about the Inquisition were clerics, religious/philosophical authors, and printers, and only if they were all baptised Catholics.
too troublesome to burn them at the stake. Pollutes the air, making it hard for everyone to breathe for miles and miles around

I had the misfortune of seein a man burnt nearly to death during my time in the Army.  It was the single most horrible thing I have ever seen or experienced.  I can guarantee that if you had to watch someone deliberatly burnt to death, you would be vomitting your guts our or running the other way long before their screams stopped. 

I despise what the liberals have done to the Church as much as anyone, but what you are suggesting is was out of line.  You might think it makes you sound like a hard-core super Trad, but you just sound inhuman.

Blessings,
:pray:
Steve
I just assumed it was a flippant comment, although perhaps not the most seemly.
(10-27-2010, 06:50 AM)paragon Wrote: I just assumed it was a flippant comment, although perhaps not the most seemly.

Comments like that are pretty much the only ones Baskerville makes.