Poll: Would you support a new Inquisition?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A New Inquisition?
Vetus Ordo Wrote:Credo, I kind of missed your victimization rants. Welcome back.

I am not back. Please read my post. It flippant, rude posts like yours which has consolidated my initial withdrawl from this site.
(10-27-2010, 12:10 PM)Credo Wrote:
Vetus Ordo Wrote:Credo, I kind of missed your victimization rants. Welcome back.

I am not back. Please read my post. It flippant, rude posts like yours which has consolidated my initial withdrawl from this site.

I was under the impression that you'd been away for a few days (or weeks). Perhaps I was mistaken.

As for your decision of withdrawing yourself from FE (or not), I can't really take any responsibility. Everyone is an adult here and should know better. Personally, I find the public drama and victimization pathetic. If I think that I shouldn't post on FE, I simply don't post. I don't feel the need to tell everyone how bad they are and how bad they made me feel. It's ridiculous.
Vetus Ordo Wrote:As for your decision of withdrawing yourself from FE (or not), I can't really take any responsibility. Everyone is an adult here and should know better. Personally, I find the public drama and victimization pathetic. If I think that I shouldn't post on FE, I simply don't post. I don't feel the need to tell everyone how bad they are and how bad they made me feel. It's ridiculous.

That's nice. I followed the same tack for the last month and a half. It wasn't until I noticed my name being thrown around this morning as a "troll," behind my back if you will, that I felt the need to speak up.
(10-27-2010, 12:14 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(10-27-2010, 12:10 PM)Credo Wrote:

I was under the impression that you'd been away for a few days (or weeks). Perhaps I was mistaken.

As for your decision of withdrawing yourself from FE (or not), I can't really take any responsibility. Everyone is an adult here and should know better. Personally, I find the public drama and victimization pathetic. If I think that I shouldn't post on FE, I simply don't post. I don't feel the need to tell everyone how bad they are and how bad they made me feel. It's ridiculous.

Vetus, if you acted in polite company like you act on these boards, you'd be ostracized pretty rapidly. You're constantly rude, judgmental and dismissive of Catholics who want to live in submission to His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. I don't find you act very adult. Credo is saying his leaving because many folks here don't act with politeness and respect. So many folks around here talk as if they're in a bar at 1 am surrounding by friends. Problem is, their posts reflect that attitude all the time, and it makes it very difficult in many cases to carry on intelligent discussions.
Some of our brethren are more sensitive and if name calling, even if it is just meant to be funny, causes this reaction below, then I think we should avoid it.

(10-27-2010, 11:03 AM)Credo Wrote: This reached a high point about six weeks ago where I was on the verge of tears and disgusted at Catholicism after reading what my coreligionists on this site were saying about me and others they disagreed with.

(10-27-2010, 12:21 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Vetus, if you acted in polite company like you act on these boards, you'd be ostracized pretty rapidly. You're constantly rude, judgmental and dismissive of Catholics who want to live in submission to His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. I don't find you act very adult. Credo is saying his leaving because many folks here don't act with politeness and respect. So many folks around here talk as if they're in a bar at 1 am surrounding by friends. Problem is, their posts reflect that attitude all the time, and it makes it very difficult in many cases to carry on intelligent discussions.

You're new here and you feel you can pass judgement on the whole FE community because of a few threads you've read? Talk about "holier-than-thou's"...

Personally, Bakuryokuso, I don't like victimizations but if that's your thing, go for it. I've also noticed that you've grown fond of picking on me and making wild assumptions about me. Don't expect much reply.
(10-27-2010, 12:20 PM)Credo Wrote:
Vetus Ordo Wrote:As for your decision of withdrawing yourself from FE (or not), I can't really take any responsibility. Everyone is an adult here and should know better. Personally, I find the public drama and victimization pathetic. If I think that I shouldn't post on FE, I simply don't post. I don't feel the need to tell everyone how bad they are and how bad they made me feel. It's ridiculous.

That's nice. I followed the same tack for the last month and a half. It wasn't until I noticed my name being thrown around this morning as a "troll," behind my back if you will, that I felt the need to speak up.

I think the way you are treated by several posters here is shameful. What is ridiculous is that such things happen on a Catholic forum. I recently noticed a thread which was basically devoted to Credo-bashing.  I reported it. 

I wish that you wouldn't limit your participation here.  I enjoy your contributions.  But I understand you being fed up.
(10-27-2010, 12:31 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(10-27-2010, 12:21 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: Vetus, if you acted in polite company like you act on these boards, you'd be ostracized pretty rapidly. You're constantly rude, judgmental and dismissive of Catholics who want to live in submission to His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. I don't find you act very adult. Credo is saying his leaving because many folks here don't act with politeness and respect. So many folks around here talk as if they're in a bar at 1 am surrounding by friends. Problem is, their posts reflect that attitude all the time, and it makes it very difficult in many cases to carry on intelligent discussions.

You're new here and you feel you can pass judgement on the whole FE community because of a few threads you've read? Talk about "holier-than-thou's"...

Personally, Bakuryokuso, I don't like victimizations but if that's your thing, go for it. I've also noticed that you've grown fond of picking on me and making wild assumptions about me. Don't expect much reply.

Vetus -

The word "victimization" isn't even in my vocabulary. You're brining it up, and then accusing me of picking on you. I think it's a non-issue.

I'm not passing judgment on the whole FE community. I am saying that i am extremely uncomfortable with the unbelievable uncharitableness I see here and the rebellion against Rome. And yeah - I'm new here, so maybe I and other newbies are a gift a to you guys - it seems some of you with post counts in the thousands have created a comfortable little ivory tower here where you declare you're under siege, declare that Rome has been given over to modernism and Protestantism - that they're basically heretics and Pharisees that you can criticize at will. I'm saying that's not cool and it's a huge turn-off, apart from being divisive and mean.

Feel free to name and correct my wild assumptions about you. This is the issue I have with you:

- You live 1,000 km from a TLM
- You believe that the SSPX absolves you from Sunday obligation because there is no TLM in your city/town/hamlet
- You attend mass once a year
- You encourage others not to attend the NO
- You say that attendance at the NO is like eating poison

Now that is a Trad board, not a sede board, not even an SSPX board, so I think you're going dangerously close to mortal sin and sedevacantism with your unbridled critiques against Rome - you even recently mentioned that the idea of Rome preaching the gospel is "a fantasy". Yeah, I'm taking issue on that because you keep repeating the same talking points.

I'm new here, so what. I'm not as jaded as some of you, I'm not as cynical so I refuse to sling mud at the church of Christ. I here to learn about tradition and discuss and debate because although I love the SSPX I don't agree with many of their conclusions. And yet you tend to want to shut down debate about these issues by saying things like "oh, I would expect a modernist to say that" or posting a slew of SSPX links instead of saying things in your own words.

I believe you must love the Lord a lot but I would encourage you to man up and move to a city with a TLM. You're a man my age so I don't see why that isn't possible, since I assume you love the Lord before all things, why would you not want to move to a city with a TLM?
(10-27-2010, 12:59 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: And yet you tend to want to shut down debate about these issues by saying things like "oh, I would expect a modernist to say that" or posting a slew of SSPX links instead of saying things in your own words.

I believe you must love the Lord a lot but I would encourage you to man up and move to a city with a TLM. You're a man my age so I don't see why that isn't possible, since I assume you love the Lord before all things, why would you not want to move to a city with a TLM?

I don't see posting links as a way to shut down debate.  It is a good way to convey information.  For complex issues, it is often the best way, since it can be difficult to put an involved argument into one's own words. 

I have always assumed that Vetus has some good reason why he cannot move and I do not think that he should be asked to justify himself.  I think discussions would be much better here if we put more focus on ideas and less on the people presenting the ideas.
(10-27-2010, 12:59 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: The word "victimization" isn't even in my vocabulary.

I used "victimization" regarding Credo's post but it could suit yours as well.

Quote:You're brining it up, and then accusing me of picking on you. I think it's a non-issue.

Of course you fancy picking on me. For instance, just read the nonsense you wrote in the last post: "I think you're going dangerously close to mortal sin and sedevacantism with your unbridled critiques against Rome (...) I'm not as jaded as some of you, I'm not as cynical so I refuse to sling mud at the church of Christ."

Quote:- You live 1,000 km from a TLM

And how exactly is that my fault? It's not my fault the diocese is unable and unwilling to provide a TLM. I even requested it to the bishop and to the local clergy but all I got was negative answers.

Quote:-You believe that the SSPX absolves you from Sunday obligation because there is no TLM in your city/town/hamlet
- You encourage others not to attend the NO
- You say that attendance at the NO is like eating poison

Those are positions that the SSPX defends, I didn't make them up myself. I encourage you to read about it.

Quote:I believe you must love the Lord a lot but I would encourage you to man up and move to a city with a TLM. You're a man my age so I don't see why that isn't possible, since I assume you love the Lord before all things, why would you not want to move to a city with a TLM?

In my country, the TLM is only celebrated weekly by the SSPX in the capital city and monthly in two or three other places in the mainland. In fact, if it weren't for the SSPX, there would be no TLM whatsoever. I lived in the capital for a few years but I was forced by the circumstances of life to go back to my hometown. It's not that I don't want to move, it's that I can't at the present time.