Poll: Which, in your view, is less problematic: a Catholic state in which a majority of the clergy are corrupt, or a secular state in which the majority of the populace ignores the voice of the Church?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Problems in the Catholic state vs. the secular state
Discuss.
Obviously a catholic state.

Even if the majority of the clergy were corrupt, the catholic religion would still be publicly recognized as the truth and protected as such. Moreover, the assistance of the secular arm could very well prevent many corrupt clerics from their shenanigans.
I need more info. If in the Catholic state choice, most of the lay people, non-clerical religious, and rulers are virtuous Catholics applying sound principles, etc. and it's just the majority of clergy who are corrupt then I choose that one.

However, if everybody's corrupt along with the clergy in the first example and in the second option all the members of the Church are highly virtuous, etc. I would choose the second because I think a highly virtuous and faithful minority Church with a strong missionary zeal would do more good and save more souls (even if the majority isn't listening, at lease a minority is) than one big corrupted lump that only pays lip service to the Catholic faith.
I choose other....I might fill in the rest later...

But Vetus' answer is pretty darn good
I am inclined to think that the secular state would be less problematic, and I say that for this reason: those who are cold to the truth of the Catholic Church are easier to convert through the edification of holy and pious religious than are those who are decisively scandalized--probably to the grave--by the corruption of lukewarm (at best) or evil representatives of the Church.
The second option, I think. The first one would probably lead to a Protestant reformation real quick.