Paul Washer: The Shocking Youth Message
(11-07-2010, 11:04 PM)Jitpring Wrote:
(11-07-2010, 07:41 PM)icecream Wrote: protestant prachers always look like car salesmn

You know, there's a lot of truth to that. Usually used car salesmen. (Notice that I didn't use that ridiculous euphemism for used: "pre-owned").

Elmer. Gantry.

That is all.
(11-05-2010, 06:24 PM)ruralpeace Wrote: +JMJ+

Just my opinion here... but the protestants I know... Seem to have real issues with the following:

1. Gospel Poverty
2. Sacrifice
3. Detachment
4. The Holy Trinity
5. The Book of James

The five "issues" above - not of the world.
Add
6. Mary
7. Prayers to Saints generally
8. The Eucharist/transubstantiation
9. A papacy
10. Suffering/Sickness/illness not being 'punishment' and a path to holiness, much like their 'prosperity gospel'

(11-05-2010, 06:24 PM)ruralpeace Wrote: Souls were lost in Peru. Think about it.  Preachers like Washer are on the lookout for confused, vulnerable Catholics. And they are doing their job. The USA, Canada and Latin America are proof this type of preaching endangers the souls of poorly-formed Catholics.

Indeed! Thanks to someone for finally mentioning this. Latin America and Mexico is a hotbed of protestant conversion. Confused or poorly catechized Catholics abound. Corrupt clergy have helped make them easy pickings as well.

Don't forget the Philippines. If you think this is a 'lock' of Catholicism, you are wrong. The 'missionaries,' I just talked to one Thursday, are swarming the place.
(11-07-2010, 11:31 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(11-07-2010, 11:04 PM)Jitpring Wrote:
(11-07-2010, 07:41 PM)icecream Wrote: protestant prachers always look like car salesmn

You know, there's a lot of truth to that. Usually used car salesmen. (Notice that I didn't use that ridiculous euphemism for used: "pre-owned").

Elmer. Gantry.

That is all.

i want to see that
You should. Most should. Good movie.
burt lancaster enough of a draw alone
(11-07-2010, 11:36 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Indeed! Thanks to someone for finally mentioning this. Latin America and Mexico is a hotbed of protestant conversion. Confused or poorly catechized Catholics abound. Corrupt clergy have helped make them easy pickings as well.

Don't forget the Philippines. If you think this is a 'lock' of Catholicism, you are wrong. The 'missionaries,' I just talked to one Thursday, are swarming the place.

More than people imagine.  Much more
(11-11-2010, 01:18 AM)Texican Wrote:
(11-07-2010, 11:36 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Indeed! Thanks to someone for finally mentioning this. Latin America and Mexico is a hotbed of protestant conversion. Confused or poorly catechized Catholics abound. Corrupt clergy have helped make them easy pickings as well.

At this current pace, the majority of Latin America will become Evangelical in the next 100 years.
(11-11-2010, 01:57 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

At this current pace, the majority of Latin America will become Evangelical in the next 100 years.

Actually, while plenty of Protestantism is creeping in, I'm gonna go with them becoming mostly atheist/agnostic indifferentists within 100 years. It's happening more rapidly in the PI than I thought it would, S. America is too.
(11-11-2010, 02:26 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(11-11-2010, 01:57 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:

Actually, while plenty of Protestantism is creeping in, I'm gonna go with them becoming mostly atheist/agnostic indifferentists within 100 years. It's happening more rapidly in the PI than I thought it would, S. America is too.

I believe the era of atheism and agnosticism to be dying out. Most of our future generations will become religious again. The matter is, which religion?
(11-11-2010, 02:30 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I believe the era of atheism and agnosticism to be dying out. Most of our future generations will become religious again. The matter is, which religion?

Seriously??  The "New Atheism" is extremely popular with the younger generation.  It is on the advance, not the decline, despite the fact that it's more brain-dead than ever.  (You can sell a brain-dead philosophy to a generation that spends 95% of its waking hours with an iPod or iPhone.)