Why do smart kids grow up to be heavier drinkers?
Makes perfect sense to me. I know some folks in AA. Stupid they ain't, except about the booze. 

It's because the smarter mind works so much faster...it never shuts up, never relaxes. Always an inner monologue or analyzing something. But drunk.. ahhhh, peace. Relaxation.
Dunno, I think it affects everyone.  There are more important variables than intelligence.

Btw who is that familiar face in your avatar, SoCalLocal?  The curiosity is driving me mad.
(10-28-2010, 11:36 PM)paragon Wrote: Dunno, I think it affects everyone.  There are more important variables than intelligence.

Btw who is that familiar face in your avatar, SoCalLocal?  The curiosity is driving me mad.

That's Archie Bunker! From All in the Family!
In that case, I have no idea why I've seen his face.  Never even heard of the show.  ???
(10-28-2010, 11:42 PM)paragon Wrote: In that case, I have no idea why I've seen his face.  Never even heard of the show.  ???

Have you seen the TV show "In the Heat of the Night"? The actor (Carroll O'Connor) was in that, too. That's the only other thing he's been in that I can think of right now...
Ah, you know what - I must have just been thinking of Tony Curtis in his later years.

*slaps self*  :fish:
Smart kids are heavy drinkers?

It's not just correlation, it's causation.
Then I must be Isaac Newton ;D
I am Plato!
Dibs on St Augustine!