Why do smart kids grow up to be heavier drinkers?
As sad as this is to say, drinking is a good way to make dull people interesting.

Where is DK on this one??
Sip sip...

C.
To quote my Irish pal Murphy from high school while sitting in a basement drinking for the umpteenth time:

"Beer makes even nothin' seem like somethin'."
(10-30-2010, 05:55 PM)Cetil Wrote: Where is DK on this one??
Sip sip...

C.

On the other hand, dark lancer's silence is deafening.
(10-30-2010, 05:49 PM)Adam Wayne Wrote: As sad as this is to say, drinking is a good way to make dull people interesting.

Richard Burton said, "I have to think hard to name an interesting man who does not drink.".
What he finds interesting might be different to what other people find interesting.  :laughing:
My two cents:

It seems to have a fair bit to do with relaxing and being casual.  I'm sort of split between being a serious, quiet person and being an active, out-spoken kid (I am a kid-at-heart in many ways).  While the out-spoken kid in me comes out on its own sometimes, in the regular cycle of daily life (not very interesting...) it doesn't come out much, but it does come out when I drink - even if it's just having a couple of drinks with my two quite calm church friends, I start getting silly ideas into my head about being funny and such.  ;D
Sounds like all of us, 3Sanctus.  ;D

We must go to the pub if we're ever in the same country !
[Image: funny-animal2.jpg]

I've known a lot of not so smart people who like to drink, too!
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Well, and your mothers may have never told you this, but when you get your scores from the Hoeflin Test, on the back is a key for turning each raw score into an IQ. Next to these are notes which tell you how much alcohol you are required to drink so people will not find you insufferable. Mine said to start drinking now and try to stay indoors and away from other humans. 
tim