Our Lady of Fatima Chapel (Richmond, VA).
SSPX has now listed the Our Lady of Fatima Chapel in Richmond, VA as one of their chapels. They still appear to be independent, however; their website states things like "we align ourselves with the SSPX" and "with the advice of the SSPX." It just seems odd that this chapel would be considered an SSPX chapel with wording like this, yet St. Athanasius is considered a "non-SSPX" venue. Is anyone familiar with the situation here? I like Fr. Ringrose, but I would prefer an actual SSPX chapel. I don't see what the difference is between St. Athanasius and Our Lady of Fatima Chapel; the website makes it sound like they can break off ties with the SSPX at any time.

You can find the Our Lady of Fatima chapel website here.
(10-29-2010, 08:41 PM)GeorgeT Wrote:Does the independent status make you uneasy?

Kind of. Just a little bit. Like I said; the website makes it look like they will break ties whenever they want to. I know they have a history with the SSPX, but it just seems like they can pull the plug if they want. At least with an SSPX chapel, I know the SSPX will always be there.
I've never been, but I remember reading on their website that Bishop Williamson had said Mass there, so I don't see how the SSPX could have problems with them.
The chapel is serviced by the priests of the SSPX. Presently, Fr. Christopher Pieroni is the pastor who flies to Richmond, VA from the SSPX's priory in St. Louis, MO. Previously, Fr. Terry Marks serviced Our Lady of Fatima Chapel until his death.
It is an excellent Chapel and the folks have always been friendly.
(11-01-2010, 02:53 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: It is an excellent Chapel and the folks have always been friendly.

I agree, and my confirmation took place there with Bishop Tissier the Mallerais providing the sacraments. I actually felt honored to have him hear my confession, and when I told someone visiting from the Virginia Beach mission that the Bishop was hearing confessions, he got up fast.
Visited Our Lady of Fatima Chapel in Richmond today. Very friendly people and beautiful church. Father seemed kind of agitated today though, but I'll definitely be back.
(11-15-2010, 12:52 AM)damooster Wrote: Visited Our Lady of Fatima Chapel in Richmond today. Very friendly people and beautiful church. Father seemed kind of agitated today though, but I'll definitely be back.

Ah, yes, he has those days. Can't blame him though, he has to fly in from Kansas City, then go to Virginia Beach in the afternoon, then return back to Richmond after Mass in VB.
(10-30-2010, 08:27 PM)RomanitasPress Wrote: The chapel is serviced by the priests of the SSPX. Presently, Fr. Christopher Pieroni is the pastor who flies to Richmond, VA from the SSPX's priory in St. Louis, MO. Previously, Fr. Terry Marks serviced Our Lady of Fatima Chapel until his death.

Sorry to resurrect a very old thread, but does anyone know if Fr. Christopher Pieroni is still a priest at this church? Back when I returned the Catholic faith, Fr. Christopher a priest at the NO Church I attended.
I believe last year, if not before, Fr. Pieroni got reassigned, and another priest (I forget his name) is now assigned to Virginia Beach/Richmond. That is all I can remember right now.