victorian (australia) abortion laws

For all Australians, try promote this video, a good way to set the record straight for the coming state elections in Victoria. For non-Victorians, let this motivate you not let your country or state stoop to this level. i dont think obama has even gone this far or  has he?

Gee, lots of Vics here!

It is a disgrace, eh?  I saw John Brumby at Bi-Lo and had to restrain myself from spitting on him.

Pity Ted Baillieu is such an impotent nonentity.  Do you know how he voted on the abortion laws?
and yer i hope brumby goes but id rather labour not lose some of their seats to the greens. concerning that video, i was happy to see a small snippet about it in the herald sun. youd know how bastard the media is in vic yer? like with that pro-life march not too long ago, the grossly under-estimated the number of pro-lifers. (in fact the reports only really made note of the counter demonstration).

about ted, all i know is i once read that he supported decriminalizing abortion (this was before it went through parliament i read this i believe). on the other hand, there are some decent Liberals. he just isn't one of them. though i plan on just going on voting DLP

The Labor Government passed one of the world's most repugnant abortion laws.

The Liberal Opposition Leader (Baillieu) supported this abomination all the way.  The only sure result from the upcoming election is that Victoria will have a proto-Herod as its Premier.

I agree with Lagrange: Vote 1 DLP.
I am sickened.

I voted for the first time in my life this year, and I voted for Abbot. This state election (I'm a Victorian also) I will be voting for the Liberal Party with no reservation or hesitation whatsoever.
(11-02-2010, 06:15 AM)Raskolnikov Wrote: I am sickened.

I voted for the first time in my life this year, and I voted for Abbot. This state election (I'm a Victorian also) I will be voting for the Liberal Party with no reservation or hesitation whatsoever.

be careful who the Liberal candidate is for your seat. Not all of them are pro-life (ted certainly isn't). Note that the Democratic Labor Party are 100% officially pro-life. Be sure to consider them.
It was disgusting (but expected) how only the Herald Sun mentioned the pro life rally.  It was the most heated confrontation I've ever seen in the city so by the media's standards it was definitely newsworthy.  Every time there's another one of those pro gay marriage rallies it gets a guernsey on the ABC.

The Victorian liberal party are wringing wet - there is no reason to think they will be any better than Brumby.  Being the traditionally more conservative party is not enough to make them worthy of our votes.  I'm considering not voting in the lower house because of preferences - I'd vote DLP but I'll have to give my vote to one or the other of the majors in the end, and I really don't know who is worse.  About the only difference is that the Libs at least have a handful of decent members.  Bernie Finn is a very fine man.
the liberals, especially Ted Baillieu, supported this decriminalisation of abortion. Do not vote for them! vote DLP
(11-02-2010, 07:09 AM)paragon Wrote: It was disgusting (but expected) how only the Herald Sun mentioned the pro life rally.  It was the most heated confrontation I've ever seen in the city so by the media's standards it was definitely newsworthy.  Every time there's another one of those pro gay marriage rallies it gets a guernsey on the ABC.

The Victorian liberal party are wringing wet - there is no reason to think they will be any better than Brumby.  Being the traditionally more conservative party is not enough to make them worthy of our votes.  I'm considering not voting in the lower house because of preferences - I'd vote DLP but I'll have to give my vote to one or the other of the majors in the end, and I really don't know who is worse.  About the only difference is that the Libs at least have a handful of decent members.  Bernie Finn is a very fine man.

true, in the end, one of the major parties will form government, so it's a question of the lesser of two evils. though the Liberals would have to be the lesser evil, all things considered. Preferences for the lower house can be done by yourself - only in the upper house is it very complicated (due to the amount of options) but even here I do believe the DLP try very hard to arrange preferences in a pro-life manner (in a word, they can be trusted more than the others to direct preferences properly).

(11-02-2010, 06:19 PM)benjyc Wrote: the liberals, especially Ted Baillieu, supported this decriminalisation of abortion. Do not vote for them! vote DLP

I second that. (though there are decent Liberals, I would certainly consider voting for someone like Bernie Finn were he my local candidate - and even labor has at least one prolife candidate apparently.  I think around dandenong (but don't quote me on that location, im not quite sure if I recall correctly)
The DLP are definitely getting my vote in the upper house, and I will probably just vote above the line because they will have put a lot more thought into it than I can possibly manage.

Why do you say the state libs are the lesser of two evils?  Even back in Jeff Kennett's day they were a filthy, progressive party.  Kennett wanted euthanasia legalised, and was talking about trying to lure the gay mardi gras to Melbourne.  Given that Baillieu is anti-life, I can't see anything that differentiates them.  The only way I will be able to decide who to preference is if one of my local members is pro-life and the other is anti-life.  I've just moved so I don't even know which seat I'm in just yet.