World's First Bionic Burger........
timoose, your picture has been bothering me since i first got here. you resemble somebody, but who?!?

this guy:

[Image: 994MAV_Paul_L__Smith_003.jpg]

paul l smith from maverick and raimi's crimewave

hope you not offended. paul l smith bear of man and great actor

here is as bluto in popeye: http://www.harrynilsson.com/images/paulsmith-large.jpg
everybody on west coast raves about in and out. wish there was one in my neck of the woods
(11-06-2010, 12:14 PM)wallflower Wrote:
(11-06-2010, 10:27 AM)icecream Wrote: you all are nuts. fast food sells for a reason: it delicious!

I don't know about delicious, but addictive in every way, from ingredients to habit, yes.

but it has to be delicious to become addictive, no?
[Image: 3478666684_2e70014523.jpg]
(11-06-2010, 12:33 PM)icecream Wrote:
(11-06-2010, 10:27 AM)icecream Wrote: you all are nuts. fast food sells for a reason: it delicious!

I don't know about delicious, but addictive in every way, from ingredients to habit, yes.

I don't think so. I can think of many things that are addictive but have never been described as delicious. Tobacco, narcotics, meds, even alcohol needs a little dressing up to be delicious. Sugar is addictive and in everything but all on its own it's not necessarily delicious either.
(11-06-2010, 03:06 PM)wallflower Wrote:
(11-06-2010, 12:33 PM)icecream Wrote:

I don't think so. I can think of many things that are addictive but have never been described as delicious. Tobacco, narcotics, meds, even alcohol needs a little dressing up to be delicious. Sugar is addictive and in everything but all on its own it's not necessarily delicious either.

good point! maybe thats it. i started so early on it that i brainwashed into thinking its good at early age.
I remember it tasting OK in the 80s and early 90s, but they seem to have cut costs to the point that it's barely food anymore.  You get soggy buns, green tomatoes, white lettuce and some sort of melted down and reconstituted meat extract.  Over here they've started introducing "gourmet" (i.e. almost edible) burgers like the Grand Angus in response to Nando's/Subway and other chains whose product actually resembles food.

What about KFC - what a con that is!  Secret herbs and spices my arse; it's just salt and pepper now.  I have the supposed (no longer used) secret recipe at home and everyone says it's the best chicken they've ever tasted.
Turbinado sugar is tasty...all by itself...crunch crunch  ;D

Micky D's is good stuff...and I think its long shelf life is amusing...plus, Twinkies are awesome...and I think they could outlast McDonald's-anything.

As for fast food...I like the fries at Steak N Shake...the gorditas at Taco Bell...chicken potato burritos at Taco Bueno...the chicken & sweet tea at Chick-Fil-A...the chili at Wendy's...sausage biscuits at Whataburger...lots of stuff at McD's...and everything at Chipotle, including the turbinado sugar  ;D
McDonald's burgers are awesome...in fact I can't think of a fast food burger I don't like...I even liked Burger Chef....
(11-07-2010, 11:53 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: McDonald's burgers are awesome...in fact I can't think of a fast food burger I don't like...I even liked Burger Chef....

I honestly can't think of any fast food I really don't like.  There's too much grease and fat for it not to taste good.

I even like Arby's.